Store Community Support Documentation
If you see source of any PF site, you can tell its run by PF. Its also branding. we paid to remove branding. if branding can be seen on frontend or on the source, what is the purpose of paying branding removal?
Ex:
PF.site
PF.Base
css files
Paul...understand the concept but most would use common words like site and base without the PF. In front. Also they should have used just dashboard instead of pfclean/dashboard which the made up word pfclean doesn't even exist in google besides those site using the theme. In common sense and no offense... but it is dumb and lazy on the coder who used those words...it is not phpfox or younet fault...it is the individual who was in a slick way still branding so the site could be found.
I guess that you are mentioning about Responsive Clean template of YouNetCo. I totally agree with you that 3rd-party apps or templates shouldn't show their brands directly on any URLs of pages. Hope YouNetCo team can see your feedback and improve their products soon.
I don't see any problems in that. And like Paul said. It's normal practice with all software scripts.. I've been using phpfox v4 since the beginning And I must admit I've been frustrated many times because of bugs and problem with the script. The lack of basic features like video upload etc... But after latest update everything works on my site and all younet apps is working perfectly. So I want to thank younet and phpfox because I know those guys are working hard to deliver us a good and stable social network script even though younet does not own phpfox. Only the name not the script.. I am really excited to see the next version and we must give those guys credits sometimes not only negative comments.
Thank you Top2Toe. We have been working hard to make our Script better day by day. It's great that we can have your feedback. Let's wait and see what we will have on version 4.6
1 Liked
 likes this.
Under the current phpfox and company it would seem that the concept of brand removal is lost. Perhaps the current phpfox & co. should take a look at v3.8 to see a perfect example of brand removal. Aside from the brand removal, everything was somewhat organizes in a sensical fashion. A lot can be learned from v3.8.
It will be better if you can share us more details. Which points of v3.8 are better then V4 Script in your opinions?
1 Liked
 likes this.
It will be better if you can share us more details. Which points of v3.8 are better then V4 Script in your opinions?
Just have a look for yourself and then look at view source from the browser between v4 and v3.8 and it will be clear as day and that's just one aspect.
Well since you brought it up and I don't have V3 running why don't you be so kind and spend a few minutes with a copy and paste showing the difference. I keep reading this for the past few years but no one provides details and it surprises me when individuals threaten they are going back to V3 without details of why instead they just say it works better for them. Which does not help the rest of us or the current developers at all. I know most of the time when I complain to YouNet about a bug or something...I provide the code to fix it. Mostly to show it can be fixed and I think every time they have fixed the issue. Although a few time it took a few months but it did get fixed. I can only assume that is why YouNet never completed the forum part of their business directory even though I showed them that they started in the code or the yclean issue...because I can't provide the code to fix that :( not smart enough I guess.
Just have a look for yourself and then look at view source from the browser between v4 and v3.8 and it will be clear as day and that's just one aspect.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Well since you brought it up and I don't have V3 running why don't you be so kind and spend a few minutes with a copy and paste showing the difference. I keep reading this for the past few years but no one provides details and it surprises me when individuals threaten they are going back to V3 without details of why instead they just say it works better for them. Which does not help the rest of us or the current developers at all. I know most of the time when I complain to YouNet about a bug or something...I provide the code to fix it. Mostly to show it can be fixed and I think every time they have fixed the issue. Although a few time it took a few months but it did get fixed. I can only assume that is why YouNet never completed the forum part of their business directory even though I showed them that they started in the code or the yclean issue...because I can't provide the code to fix that :( not smart enough I guess.
The legacy version can be downloaded from the client section here: https://clients.phpfox.com/clientarea.php?action=p...
You want me to go through all that? How do you expect us to find exactly what is wrong when you can't even explain it? Or is it code issue for the public that you don't want to post...I can understand that I guess :)
1 Liked
 likes this.
i am with JohnJr... it does not help to generalize complaints. to change something we have to make things clear and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each detail. my statement is not about this thread but about all of the threads just talking the script down.
social sharing available on v4?
1 Liked
 likes this.
social sharing available on v4?
Yup. AddThis is already supported on some new releases of standalone Core apps, such as Music, Blog, Photos, etc. You can upgrade these apps directly on phpFox Store.
Definitely we are going to improve our Script continuously. And we always need your helps to point out what we can't see.
Definitely we are going to improve our Script continuously. And we always need your helps to point out what we can't see.
Of course. That's why I'd suggest spinning up v3.8/9 on your end and then login as staff for both v4.x and v3.8/9.
what I meant by social sharing is that when someone post status on their timeline, it can be posted to fb, twitter before. that feature was standard. Its missing in V4.
Hi vava,
Perhaps you are looking for our Social Publisher app. You can check it out here: https://store.phpfox.com/product/1219/social-publi...
Regards,
YouNetCo
YouNet - and I already thought that you have a vacation again. Why do not you answer my ticket - I'm waiting for the third day of the answer. Respond please - I have problems with your apps. Sincerely. Sorry that I did not write to the topic.