Store Community Support Documentation

Admin was once able to view or read site mail from each member, will there be a App for this again?  I feel like its a good feature to have incase there is activity going on that may need to be looked into.  (ex.  if a member is compaining about being harrased, or anything inappropriate,  admin can check into it)  

Admin was once able to view or read site mail from each member, will there be a App for this again?  I feel like its a good feature to have incase there is activity going on that may need to be looked into.  (ex.  if a member is compaining about being harrased, or anything inappropriate,  admin can check into it)  

for php 4.6

JohnJr

Yes...this is very much needed.

Jonathan Mitchell

still there, just need to make a block for it

Scheinwelt-Media

just use this link: https://www.yoursite.com/index.php/admincp/mail/private

Last update on February 23, 2:52 pm by Scheinwelt-Media.
Jonathan Mitchell

quick way is to just put it as a menu item in the 'account' drop down ... just make sure you uncheck all user groups you dont want t access it

quick way is to just put it as a menu item in the 'account' drop down ... just make sure you uncheck all user groups you dont want t access it

is this under create block? and if so, what controller, what block and what product and module should we use?  

I should have asked if you can explain how to put it in the drop down.  Im having trouble figuring this out. 

Jonathan Mitchell

ok, menu wont work because we still cant select which user groups have permission (i thought they would have fixed this by now)

Here is how you do the block way. This will place the link on the main (home) page in block 1, but you can put anywhere you like..I tried putting it in the admincp dashboard but for some reason it wont stick or show.

Go to Admincp ->Appearance ->Blocks , then select Add new block in the upper right corner.

add the following info and replace url with your sites url...then just uncheck permissions at the bottom

Attachments
pm.jpg 51.06 Kb . 15 Views
Jonathan Mitchell

change Controller from sitewide to  core.index-member if you only want the link on the home page

ok, menu wont work because we still cant select which user groups have permission (i thought they would have fixed this by now)

Here is how you do the block way. This will place the link on the main (home) page in block 1, but you can put anywhere you like..I tried putting it in the admincp dashboard but for some reason it wont stick or show.

Go to Admincp ->Appearance ->Blocks , then select Add new block in the upper right corner.

add the following info and replace url with your sites url...then just uncheck permissions at the bottom

I was having trouble getting the blocks to show up in Admin as well.  I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thank you.