Store Community Support Documentation

In Version 4.6, if you toggle your site to go offline, there is NO way to get in to admincp...

Using www.mysite.com/index.php/admincp    for my site (using my own site name of course)  just got me my notification page.     

"We are currently installing new software for JTMWorld.com 

Please return on Saturday January 13, 2018

We apologize for the inconvenience."

I guess I will have to reinstall the software...

Too late now.. I gave up..  :-)

Not sure how that would have worked anyway since users are not supposed to be able to have log in access when the site is toggled into maintenance.

And given that the site showed absolutely nothing when going to www.yoursite.com other than the maintenance message... didn't even show the theme format... the solution you suggested seems odd. 

But thank you

Too late now.. I gave up..  :-)

Not sure how that would have worked anyway since users are not supposed to be able to have log in access when the site is toggled into maintenance.

And given that the site showed absolutely nothing when going to www.yoursite.com other than the maintenance message... didn't even show the theme format... the solution you suggested seems odd. 

But thank you

this is the normal way of logging in when the site is toggled off. if users try to log in via this page they will get the offline message too. only admins or users with that permission can see the page.

Last update on January 13, 4:09 pm by Scheinwelt-Media.
1 Liked
 likes this.

The real problem was that there was no formatted theme page at all...    no links that would take you to the login page...  The login page woul d have to be entered manually.

The real problem was that there was no formatted theme page at all...    no links that would take you to the login page...  The login page woul d have to be entered manually.

Hi @TorontoGuy,

It's normal rule for offline mode.

Regards.