JohnJr

D.O.I. - Date of issue     D.O.B. - Date of bug

•    D.O.I. found: 3/15/18
  •     D.O.B Confirmed: confirmed by second user
  •     Version: 4.0.2
  •     PhpFox version: 4.6

This issue is, and hopefully, someone else can test it before I bother YouNet again...

When you are on a business directory page as an owner, and you manage that page and attempt to add an FAQ.  The popup window does appear, and you can enter information in the text boxes.  The first textbox is the question and the second text box is the answer, but when you go to save it, the button does not work.  The problem I think I am seeing is the event handler is not occurring on the button itself but instead in the form itself.  Need to verify if anyone else has this same issue.  Thank you in advance for your time.

Current Status in store:

Date of fix:

Temporary Fix available below: YES

Date of tempory fix: 3/19/18

Last update on February 1, 2020 by JohnJr.
awg

Duplicated...Its going to get real messy around here....

Be the first person to like this.
awg

Last update on March 22, 2018 by awg.
JohnJr

Awg,

First, thank you for verifying my issues as I will contact YouNet and inform them of this.

Second, we should only have one issue per thread as it will get confusing later on with multiple topics on the same thread.  If the problem is solved, then the title will be edited and say CLOSED instead of OPEN.  Also, developers will want to ask additional questions about one issue at a time.  So if you could remove that thread and add another that would be great.  Also if you can improve it go right ahead and the more detail, the better, but you should state some stuff at the top as I did with date found, version...etc.  They will need to know this info plus these issues may only occur on a specific version.  We need to be exact, so everyone takes this serious.  I am committed to phpfox, and I hope everyone else is also. 

JohnJr

Removed (not related to this issue)

Last update on March 19, 2018 by JohnJr.
JohnJr

Received a fix from YouNetCo (within 24 hours is awesome!)

Looks like an accidental miss call.  The issue can be a temporary fixed by replacing two sections of code in the following file.  This is my disclaimer...do it at your own risk.  YouNetCo or I take any responsibility if you mess up your site :)

File Name: 

PF.Base/module/directory/template/default/block/add-faq.php

Estimate Line Number: 24

Replace old button code with this new button code:

<button  type="button" class="btn-primary btn-sm" name="update_faq" id="update_faq" onclick="submitAddFaq();">Save Changes</button>

Estimate Line Number: 28

Replace old script with this new script code:

<script type="text/javascript">     function submitAddFaq() {         $.ajaxCall('directory.addFaq','faq_id='+$('#faq_id').val()+'&faq_data='+$('#js_add_faq_page').serialize(), 'post');         if($('#js_add_faq_page #question').val() != '' && $('#js_add_faq_page #answer').val().trim() != '' ){             js_box_remove(this);         }         return false;     } </script>

awg

Did they update the store package? Whats going to be awesome without patting heads is fixes being updated and placed in the phpfox store where it should be. You are pretty witty with coding, but that doesnt apply accross the board and creates a problem with some trying to fix there own. Once a bug has been detected, no code should be present from a 4th party as a fix. It should be as simple as. "This product has been updated with fixes, please upgrade now" and a report log regarding fixes. I should be able to log into my admincp to see that notice on dashboard. Very Simple!!!

Last update on March 19, 2018 by awg.
JohnJr

awg,

First, can you please remove your different issue above and open a new thread.  Second (I know this is new so don't take offense) I put in the first post whether it is in the store.  I did this, so we don't have to be searching through all the posts to find valuable information like a temporary fix, current status in store...etc.  Third, the temporary fixes are for the individual who is hopefully smart enough to do a backup and are willing to take a chance to fix their live site.  I have been on this site for several years and never seen...not once a 4th party fix caused any harm because of the code provided.  Most harm is created by individuals who think their skills are better than what they are.  That is why I put the disclaimer if you fix it yourself.  But that does not mean you can't hire someone for cheap to fix (as an example this code which is easy for a developer to fix your site for under $50).  At least you know what the fix consists of so that gives you power when asking a developer to fix it.

Fourth, I just reported this to YouNetCo about 24 hours ago.  I feel this response was impressive.  Being in the software industry as well as an IT Manager for many years I know the time it takes to fix stuff, and it isn't instant even if it looks like it should be.  There may be other issues, and in this case, there are separate issues. So they are not going to create a package and upload it to the store and have everyone download it just so they have to do again tomorrow or next week.   There is a process and hopefully with these thread issues will show if it is affecting many or just one person and their setup.

For this to work we need to be patience, be not attacking and be helpful. 

JohnJr

I just verified that this bug has been fixed.