Store Community Support Documentation

Hello! I noticed when using the demo site, that when I upload a photo and add a link in the image description, it displays as plain text in the main home and profile feeds, but works fine when the image is viewed in the photo gallery. Is there a way to enable links to work in image descriptions in the feeds(or everywhere else for that matter)? If a member uploads a pic and wants other members to be able to click in the description to shop, visit their site, etc., that would be very helpful! Thank you much. 

1 Liked
 likes this.

Hi Nativedragon11,

We cannot reproduce your issue. On the demo site, when uploading a photo with a link in the description, the link is clickable on the feed.

1 Liked
 likes this.

I just tried multiple times from mobile and desktop. I came to the following conclusions to reproduce the issue:

• When you post an image with only a link as the description and no other text, the link doesn't work. 

• When you post an image with the link first, followed by additional text as the description, the link doesn't work.

However, if you post an image with text before the link in the description, it seems to work. Is this a bug? I tried in the Material version of the demo (you can see examples of all 3 instances in my profile or in the main feed there) and got the same results multiple times.

Last update on March 23, 12:41 am by Nativedragon11.
1 Liked
 likes this.

Hi Nativedragon11,

Thanks for your information. We can reproduce the issue now. We will fix it in the next patch of phpFox core - 4.6.1 that will be released soon in this April.

Again, thanks for your report and sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you so much for the reply, and attention to the matter! I really appreciate it. 

2 Liked
and  like this

Quick question: will the demo site be updated to 4.6.1 so I can test again?

Quick question: will the demo site be updated to 4.6.1 so I can test again?

Hi Nativedragon11,

phpFox 4.6.1 has been released and we have upgraded the demo site to 4.6.1. You can check the issue on it now.

It's totally working now! You guys are the best. Thank you so much!

1 Liked
 likes this.