Store Community Support Documentation

Hello,

Can you tell me how do I disable the space in the user name?
I want the user to only use single member name, for example: "testexampleuser".
At the moment, the registration subset can be registered with a space in the user name, for example "test user".
How do I turn off the space in the name?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Last update on April 6, 12:33 am by kerstar.
Jonathan Mitchell

there is no space in the user name...only in the full name. is this what you meant?

Jonathan Mitchell

I havent tested this but..

Admincp - Setttings - Registration settings

Display Full Name (Display Name) and Username on Sign Up   (set to Username)

then,

Admincp - Members - User Group Settings

select Registered Users  , then at top where it says APPS,  select 'user' from the dropdown menu

scroll down to "Can members of this user group change their full name?"  and select No

and  "Can change own user name?"  select No

Hello,

Thank you for the advice, but you did not understand me.
I have the "username" option selected in the settings, as well as blocking the name change by the user.
My point is that when you register in the username field, you can enter a name with a space.

For example, you can enter in the username field "example nickname" and I accept this system.

My point is that the user can not enter spaces in this field. That it would not register the username if it contains a space.

Do you understand what I mean?

JohnJr

I doubt it as it probably reuses the same code for Full Name in which you want the space.  Not sure why you would want the space removed unless you are using it for an URL somehow, but most people want the space, so it stands out like "MR. BIG"  :)  Maybe you could locate the code and use trim, preg_replace or str_replace but there might be issues when it checks to see if anyone else already has that name so the code would have to go before that check.

You are right, it will be better as it is.

Robert

Hi kerstar,

We can confirm with you that it's a bug of the Core script, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your report and sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Robert.

Can you tell me if you can fix it in version 4.6.1 which is supposed to come out any day? I have been waiting for a month for 4.6.1 to be able to start working on my website. If you want to fix it in version 4.6.2, it will be an uninteresting thing, because I would have to wait another six months to start work ... I am asking for an answer.

Regards

JohnJr

Kerstar,

I doubt it as they have already released it for developers to start checking for compatibility issues.  Even now it will be weeks before it gets to the user like us as developers need to check through all their options to make sure it works. Phpfox has already been doing that over past several weeks.  Think about it...it not an easy task to check all the features to make sure the changes don't affect any other parts of the software features.

Robert

Hi Robert.

Can you tell me if you can fix it in version 4.6.1 which is supposed to come out any day? I have been waiting for a month for 4.6.1 to be able to start working on my website. If you want to fix it in version 4.6.2, it will be an uninteresting thing, because I would have to wait another six months to start work ... I am asking for an answer.

Regards

Hi kerstar,

If you cannot wait to phpFox 4.6.2. Please submit us a support ticket and we will apply a hot fix for your site.  Please help us to link this thread to your ticket, it will help us follow your problem easier.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I bought a script near Christmas in December and now I start working on it. So far I've been discussing details with programmers that they have to do on the site, later information appeared that soon will be released version 4.6.1 which was to fix bugs of version 4.6.0 and I decided that it's worth to wait, because it's better to have a corrected version. From what I saw, unfortunately, I cannot open anymore a notification of support. The problem is that after modification by programmers I will not be able to update the script anymore. So I can't wait for version 4.6.2 (which I can't afford anymore, as it will probably be in a few months), or accept that there will be this error on the site. I choose the latter for the wrong two.

spirog

Hi kerstar,

We can confirm with you that it's a bug of the Core script, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your report and sorry for this inconvenience.

Any word on this .can we disable space in username yet ? 

Any word on this .can we disable space in username yet ? 

In the file "PF.Base/include/setting/validator.sett.php"; on the 15th line You must delete space on this:

"pattern' => '/^[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9\-_]"  or change  for what I gave (without space in "...9\-_]".