Store Community Support Documentation

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I have used phpFox for a while, but not upgraded it often. Now I am starting with a fresh install and noticed that one of my favorite features: Theme Switcher is nowhere to be found! The ability for a site member to choose the active theme visible to them from a drop-down was awesome because it allowed me to create a day theme or night theme that they could choose for better visibility. It also allowed for me to created sponsored themes where a company could pay to have their logos, backgrounds, or color scheme featured as a selectable theme. I logged into the demo site and didn't see the theme switcher anywhere there. I logged into my own site and can't find it. I looked in the app store, but can't find it there either. I hope I am just overlooking it somehow! Can you please point me in the right direction, or tell me how to enable it?

Thank you so much!

Just a note: I don't specifically remember if it was officially called "Theme Switcher". That's just what I called it. It may have been "Style Selector", "Template Chooser", or something like that. Hopefully you get the idea, and remember what I am reffering to. :)

Robert

Hi Nativedragon11,

We can confirm with you that your asking feature: "users can select/customize them theme/template for their profile page" hasn't supported by the phpFox Core since version 4.0.

Thanksfor the reply Robert!

Just to make sure we're on the same page: it's not the profile customizer I am reffering to, but instead a block on the homepage that had a dropdown to allow users to select which theme was active for them. Example: I would login, go to my site's homepage, click the dropdown, then select "Bootstrap" and the entire site (not just profiles) would change to the bootstrap appearance. If I chose "Material" theme from the dropdown, the entire site would change to that theme. (Similar to, but simpler than how the switcher works in the admin.) I remember it was used on the demo site to show the two default themes available at the time.

I just want to know where I can download it, or find an old copy so I can update it to work with the latest version.

Thank you for all your help. I'm still very happy with phpFox after using it for over a decade :)

Last update on April 16, 8:10 pm by Nativedragon11.
Robert

Hi Nativedragon11,

Thanks for your explanation. I see your question now and we can confirm with you that your asking feature isn't supported by the Core now. However, we will mark it as a feature request and consider to improve in the future.

That's great! Thank you for the reply. I hope the request will be approved. Much appreciated!