Has anyone been able to figure out how to reduce the compression on the profile images for 4.6.1? The images are a little too blurry for us. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Be the first person to like this.
Robert

Hi Sarah Tillman,

Can you tell us more detail for your issue? Where we can find the blur profile images?

Hi Robert,

I find the images on the news feed are very sharp, but when we upload images for the profile, they are not as sharp. We'd like to have sharper profile images like linkedin and facebook, if possible. Do you know what files control image compression or sharpness?

I am experiencing this issue as well, but only with my user created pages. To reproduce:

In bootstrap theme, create a new page > visit page profile (page home) > click the icon in the avatar holder to upload new page avatar > view page home again. You will notice the image is blurry. When you click to view it, the full size image looks fine. Just the page avatar on page home looks blurred.

I am using the bootstrap theme with the latest version installed. It looks like the page avatar thumbnails are compressed, or are displaying a smaller size in the larger frame ( like maybe 50px being stretched to 200px )

Vivian

I am experiencing this issue as well, but only with my user created pages. To reproduce:

In bootstrap theme, create a new page > visit page profile (page home) > click the icon in the avatar holder to upload new page avatar > view page home again. You will notice the image is blurry. When you click to view it, the full size image looks fine. Just the page avatar on page home looks blurred.

I am using the bootstrap theme with the latest version installed. It looks like the page avatar thumbnails are compressed, or are displaying a smaller size in the larger frame ( like maybe 50px being stretched to 200px )

Hi Nativedragon11,

I just checked but I can not reproduce. Can you reproduce this issue on phpFox demo site?

I tried. If you look at the profile picture vs. the actual photo there is a difference. It's not as dramatic on your site as it is on mine. Same thing with the cover. It seems like the profile and covers are at about 80% sharpness vs the 100% of the original. It might appear subtle, but it matters to people with photography or art communities. Especially to the members with high-def monitors or drawing tablets. Here is the test page:
https://v4-bootstrap.phpfox.com/test-page/

If you can't see the difference on your end, can you please tell us how/where to edit the compression for the profile picture?

Last update on May 11, 2018 by Nativedragon11.
Vivian

I tried. If you look at the profile picture vs. the actual photo there is a difference. It's not as dramatic on your site as it is on mine. Same thing with the cover. It seems like the profile and covers are at about 80% sharpness vs the 100% of the original. It's might appear subtle, but it matters to people with photography or art communities. Especially to the members with high-def monitors or drawing tablets. Here is the test page:
https://v4-bootstrap.phpfox.com/test-page/

If you can't see the difference on your end, can you please tell us how/where to edit the compression for the profile picture?

Hi Nativedragon11,
The photo after uploaded sucessfully, It generate many sizes to use for difference sections. For page avatar, we are using the photo with size 200x200, and 500 for feed. So, It will show differently in some cases.

Ok. I will look in the admin panel for those size setting to see if something is wrong with mine. Thank you so much!

spirog

Ok. I will look in the admin panel for those size setting to see if something is wrong with mine. Thank you so much!

did you find solution for this @Nativedragon11 ? if so what changes did you make ?

thanks

Spiro

Last update on May 18, 2018 by spirog.

No, I didn't find a way to adjust the profile or page avatar sizes. I remember that being a function in previous versions of phpFox. I would put the image size I wanted it to generate, then display that size with the CSS. I can't do that anymore for some reason. They removed another useful function it seems. I may have to add it as a feature request if I can't figure a workaround. :(

spirog

No, I didn't find a way to adjust the profile or page avatar sizes. I remember that being a function in previous versions of phpFox. I would put the image size I wanted it to generate, then display that size with the CSS. I can't do that anymore for some reason. They removed another useful function it seems. I may have to add it as a feature request if I can't figure a workaround. :(

not sure BUT I make a change to images was 1200 change to 800  seems pretty good image quality ?

Registered User (ID#2)

User Group Settings photo app group registered users 

at the very last bottom of settings says 

Maximum image width keeps in server (in pixel)

was 1200 i make 800 not sure if higher or lower makes a difference ? inly place I see you can make change

If image width user upload higher than this value will crop to this value.

see here https://v4.phpfox.com/mybandlatinos/

here is original photo also to download and try yourself 

Attachments
paint-2985569_1280.jpg 167.11 Kb . 80 Views

I left mine set to 1200. I will mess with it and see if it matters. Thank you!