Store Community Support Documentation

For the life of me, I cannot create an ad using the latest version of phpfox.

There is no action tab "ACTIONS" to create an ad....

The info on the phpwiki is not the same as my layout...

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/How+to+create+Ad+in+Admincp

Anyone????

Hello Sam,

I just saw your post, and wanted give you some feedback. I don't use ads myself, but noticed that the "Ads" app looks to function better when you also have the "Better Ads" app installed as well. https://store.phpfox.com/product/1665/better-ads

After installing, make sure the app is active and click on the "Ads" link. (If you still don't have the "actions" dropdown, or yours doesn't look similar to the following screenshots, something may be wrong with yours)

You will have to create a "placement first"

After that, you should be able to set your ad up and choose the placement you made to display it. Note: I took these screenshots from my install which is the latest version ( 4.6.1 b2 ) and only activated the app for this purpose. So, if yours is missing the "actions" menu, you might need to delete and reinstall the app.

Last update on May 16, 7:10 am by Nativedragon11.

Thanks for your help Nativedragon11,

I managed to get the same settings as your screenshots - but when I try and "ADD NEW AD" - I don't seem to get the right elements to complete a new ad. (Please see screenshot)

Any help most appreciated...

It looks like you don't have an ad type chosen. You still have mores steps:

Choose image type and follow that setup

Or choose HTML type, and follow that setup.

Once you are done setting up your chosen ad type, you can click "preview" to see what it will look like.

Here is a screenshot of my HTML test ad preview (my site has a dark theme)

When you are satisfied with the preview, click the "X" on the top right of the preview (not the back button) to close the preview.

Then click "continue" to enter the ad details to let your site know when to run the ad, and whom to show it to (your target audience).

Once you have entered the ad details, you can click "submit" and you will be taken back to the dashboard where you can see your ad is now listed and live.

If you are missing any of the above options, there may be a problem with your install. If not, read the options on your screen as you go, and make sure to choose the ones most relevant to you. The options with a red asterix are required, and you won't be able to proceed without choosing them.

I hope this is helpful in some way. Again, I don't run ads on my site so have only enabled the app to take these screenshots for you. If you still can't get it working, you may need to open a support ticket.

Best of luck to you!

Hi mate,

It appears that I can't go beyond "ADD AN AD" as I get the following when I press (for example), "IMAGE"

Hi mate

It appears that I have a problem with the plugin as I can't go beyond "ADD AN AD".

When I choose "IMAGE", I get the following, incomplete form.....

Bong B

Hi mate

It appears that I have a problem with the plugin as I can't go beyond "ADD AN AD".

When I choose "IMAGE", I get the following, incomplete form.....

Hi Sam West,

I think you need to clear your cache. Thave solved the same problem I had before.

Go in Maintenance, as the short cut "Clear All Cache" is not working well based on my observation.

Good Luck...

Bong B

Hi Sam West,

I think you need to clear your cache. That solved the same problem I had before.

Go in Maintenance -> Cache Manager as the short cut "Clear All Cache" is not working well based on my observation.

Good Luck...

Hi Bong,

I tried this and nothing changed.

I may have to start a support ticket...

Cheers

You can try going into your admin panel and run: maintenance > find missing settings to see if it finds the piece that is missing. Then clear your cache. If that doesn't work, you can go to your apps and completely delete the ads app, clear the cache, then reinstall ads app before clearing the cache again. Make sure to activate the app again, and see if it works. If not, then definitely open a support ticket because this is already more work for you than was intended by the software. Sorry it has been such a pain. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes!

Last update on May 24, 7:06 am by Nativedragon11.