Store Community Support Documentation

Hello,

I noticed in my site's feed that when there's an update that says "username updated his cover photo" when I click on the picture, it opens in a new tab. To make sure it wasn't just my site, I tested on the demos. While the links didn't actually open in a new tab on the demos like they do on my site, when I view the source code, there is the same target="_blank" at the end of the link in both the bootstrap and material demos. Please see attached screenshot (or you can view the source).

My question is:  Why doesn't that new window/tab target work on your demos? How can I remove it from my links? So far, it only seems to be the "updated their cover photo" link in the feeds.

Thank you much!

Be the first person to like this.
spirog

i have fresh install of 4.6.1.b2 and it opens in same window not like yours ? 

i have fresh install of 4.6.1.b2 and it opens in same window not like yours ? 

Thank you for the reply!

I have 4.6.1b2 installed as well. The target="_blank" tag is still there and works in mine for some reason. I see it in both demos and it doesn't work there, or in yours either apparently. I wonder why? Either way,  I dont think that tag should be there at all so I was wondering where I can find/remove it?

Jonathan Mitchell

check your browsers settings..you may have it set to open in a new tab, or same page.

Spirog probably has his set for links to open in same page and not a new tab

Last update on May 1, 10:58 am by Jonathan Mitchell.

check your browsers settings..you may have it set to open in a new tab, or same page.

Spirog probably has his set for links to open in same page and not a new tab

Thanks for the reply! I think if it was a browser setting, the links in both demos would have opened in new tabs as well because the new window tag is still in the html.

This morning I figured out what was causing it to be ignored. I had the setting " Turn off full ajax mode" set to "Yes" because it was interfering with some of my other site functionality. Once I turned it back to "No", the new window tag in the html started to be ignored. So while this isn't really a bug, that tag shouldn't be there and I would still like to know where to find it in my files. Especially if I want to disable full ajax mode again without my cover photo links opening in a new tab.

Last update on May 1, 6:59 pm by Nativedragon11.