Store Community Support Documentation

Hello,

I noticed that on phpFOX v3.x there was some discussion about viewing photos in theater mode. It seems that this feature was working before. My question is how to enable that in phpFOX v.4. It's really useful with large photos. It's super useful on facebook and it's standard mode for all other social networking scripts. 

Any hints would be useful. Thanks.

Facebook example:

https://monosnap.com/file/UY4v0JUJqQRVO2eUxGDjun2VQpTZWu.png ;

Last update on May 3, 11:48 am by Karol Orzeł.
Spaninet

It's not avaliable by default. I hope phpFox team add this functionality in next version.

It useful not only for large photos but also for viewing the photo faster without loading another page.

Karol Orzeł

One thing that really bothers me is that i literally see discussion about that in 3.x branch. So was it available before and now it's removed ? 

Yes. I do not know why, but there is no option in the v4 version. This is incomprehensible because it was a useful option.

I really wish they would bring theater mode back. The new photo layout doesn't really make sense. Especially in mobile format. Plus, you can't turn off the photo stream at the bottom without modifying code or hiding it with CSS.

You can kind of get the idea of what it used to look like from these screenshots (taken from the "Fox Favorite System" app in the store):

Karol Orzeł

THIS IS HOW IT WAS BEFORE ???? Why they broke it :( ?

THIS IS HOW IT WAS BEFORE ???? Why they broke it :( ?

Yes, I was VERY unpleasantly surprised when I switched from 3 to 4. I thought to myself "They would have at least left the options to enable/disable theater mode". Nope. It's gone. So I looked for a way to disable the photo stream. Nope. There is none. So I try to modify the template to do it myself. Nope. The template is moved and the organization no longer makes sense. So I asked for help here. A day later I get a reply. I tried what they said. Nope. Didn't work. When I ask what I did wrong, haven't heard back yet. It's only been a few days, but I hope they come through with an answer I can use!

I have no idea why they would change it. If it isn't broke, don't fix it right? Maybe it broke...

Karol Orzeł

I'm in the middle of preparing theme for the client, and his first question was "how can i activate theather mode". phpFOX will be used for photography community. With large images you have to scroll to see the whole image.. It really makes no sense, it's a UX error. 

I'm in the middle of preparing theme for the client, and his first question was "how can i activate theather mode". phpFOX will be used for photography community. With large images you have to scroll to see the whole image.. It really makes no sense, it's a UX error. 

Totally agree. That's why designers and programmers usually work in different offices. Haha

I talked to the developer and the Theater Mode app is about to leave around July / August. I've seen screenshots and it looks beautiful.

Karol Orzeł

It's going to be a third party app or part of the core ? 

It will be a separate application from an external developer.

Karol Orzeł

Can't believe it was present and it was removed:

https://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-enable-theater-mode-for-viewing-photos-in-phpfox/

YouNetCo

Dear Clients,

YouNetCo recently released Photo Viewer Popup app which satisfies your requirement of theater mode on images.

Basically, everytime you click on an image, there will be a popup to show image and you don't need to reload the whole image page.

For more details, please check our product posting on phpFox Store:
https://store.phpfox.com/product/2075/photo-viewer-popup-v4-younetco

Let us know if you need any further support.

Cheers,

YouNetCo

Karol Orzeł

Thanks. We're definitely gonna try that soon.