Store Community Support Documentation

See attachments. All videos are covered by a shadow and button that belong to another player. When you play the video you can barely see it because it plays underneath of the shadow, gradient, and button of what appears to be a second video player. This needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY.

spirog

The problem remains unsolved in video app 4.6.1, videos are covered by a shadow and button that belong to another player.

Also the are not volume when you click the icon is getting mute.

try to clear cache on chrome ctrl + shift + R  or in history Clear all and try it, I had same issue and then I deleted all cache folders and files in /PF.Base/file/cache/ all folders and files I deleted

if you delete these you clear all cache on website and then was working as normal

I have file system as cache in admincp just fyi

not redis not memcached

latest version 4.6.1 of videos actually works

Last update on July 19, 11:44 pm by spirog.
Vivian

Hi all,

A new version 4.6.1 of "Videos" has been available on store. Kindly re-install videos app and re-check this issue. Thank you

Last update on July 20, 4:13 am by Vivian.

Hi all,

A new version 4.6.1 of "Videos" has been available on store. Kindly re-install videos app and re-check this issue. Thank you

nothing happen with cache... 

what do you meant reinstall videos app uninstall and instal again in this way do i not lose my videos and categories?

i use the new version 4.6.1

spirog

what do you meant reinstall videos app uninstall and instal again in this way do i not lose my videos and categories?

She means to reinstall 4.6.1 not uninstall. If you just go to admincp>> apps>> find more>> search for video app and click install button. 

- **** DO NOT Uninstall ****-

Just install again is what @vivian was saying .

PS .Sometimes your internet provider caches your site and it may take a couple days to show as working .that's why I asked if you clear history in chrome or windows edge. Safari etc. Best way to check always after update to me is to delete everything in the cache folder /PF.Base/file/cache/* all files and folders. 

Clear cache and clear all cache. Then clear your history cache .then you should be good .also sometimes I use opera browser to make sure changes are working. Opera has a a VPN button on top left of the search bar. It allows you to view your site from another IP so it's not cached by your computer there is a drop-down to change to America's, Asia, Europe, Optimal Location. Just click to words VPN just left of where you enter you https:// then you will see it .might help afterwards cause you know it's your cache either from your site, you history or your internet provider - which sometimes takes a little bit to clear :( Hope this better explains and helps you 

QueenMother305

She means to reinstall 4.6.1 not uninstall. If you just go to admincp>> apps>> find more>> search for video app and click install button. 

PS .Sometimes your internet provider caches your site and it may take a couple days to show as working .that's why I asked if you clear history in chrome or windows edge. Safari etc. Best way to check always after update to me is to delete everything in the cache folder /PF.Base/file/cache/* all files and folders. 

Clear cache and clear all cache. Then clear your history cache .then you should be good .also sometimes I use opera browser to make sure changes are working. Opera has a a VPN button on top left of the search bar. It allows you to view your site from another IP so it's not cached by your computer there is a drop-down to change to America's, Asia, Europe, Optimal Location. Just click to words VPN just left of where you enter you https:// then you will see it .might help afterwards cause you know it's your cache either from your site, you history or your internet provider - which sometimes takes a little bit to clear :( Hope this better explains and helps you 

I cleared the cache but the problem remains for me as well.

QueenMother305

im having the same problem. videos problem remains in chrome despite update and clearing of cache.

thank you spirog for you time, i doo all this but the problem remains :(

spirog

Hi all I know it's a dumb question to ask but did you all click on remove files no longer needed in admincp. ??

spirog

Also in admincp you can try to go to maintence >> remove duplicates .>> You will see 5-6 options in blue buttons. Click in all and then try to just clear cache again and test again. Sorry I dont remeber what i did to get working  but itit to a couple days after upgraded to get it working after I tried all this stuff .

Hope this helps .You 

spirog

hellas cosmos,  I miss Greece wish I could be you :) live in Greece instead of Chicago, il. USA 

hellas cosmos,  I miss Greece wish I could be you :) live in Greece instead of Chicago, il. USA 

Hi Spiro thank you agen.!!!

remove files no longer needed Yes
remove duplicates yes
clear cache Yes
the problem remains :(
i wait for the developers to see.....
------------------------------------
Spiro i been travel a lot in my life i know how it feels to be away from Greece.!!! :) I come from Rhodes island you are welcome any time i can give you space to stay for free.... :)

spirog

if this has not been resolved yet after doing all clear cahce remove blah blah blah, im pretty suprised by now..

if windows computer: 

try clearing - deleting your temp internet files from your temp folder on your computer ... clear all history on your browser. 

also one last thing open as admin shell adn type at the prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns

and press enter. restart your compter and try again 

Capture.PNG

Attachments
Capture.PNG 18.49 Kb . 10 Views
Last update on July 23, 10:55 pm by spirog.

Hi spirog I thank you for your time and sorry for the delay.

i have Upgrade to 4.6.1 Build 5 and the shadow from the player is gone, only the volume steel problem but it maybe because i use Linux.

QueenMother305

if this has not been resolved yet after doing all clear cahce remove blah blah blah, im pretty suprised by now..

if windows computer: 

try clearing - deleting your temp internet files from your temp folder on your computer ... clear all history on your browser. 

also one last thing open as admin shell adn type at the prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns

and press enter. restart your compter and try again 

Capture.PNG

this is ridiculous to have to go through all this for a solution.

JohnJr

QueenMother305,

The cleaning of the cache has nothing to do with phpfox or its software.  The cache system was created for the internet to save bandwidth and save time.  The problem is sometimes it does not clear.  I have wasted hours trying to fix things that I fixed but the cache did not update.  It is a good thing for users and sometimes a bad thing for developers...and don't forget cloudflare/cdn as well :)