Store Community Support Documentation

Many of us rely on banner ads to support our site. It's no secret the most ads are usually placed on the video page surrounding the video player. But when members can watch the video in the feed the banners ads dont get impressions or clicks. I am looking for an app that instead of displaying the actual video in a users feed displays the corresponding thumbnail of that video that way when the user clicks it they are redirected to the page for that video and see the ads around it. Obviously the thumbnail should be enlarged to the same size that the existing player in the feed is for aesthetic.

QueenMother305

anyone??

Paul Kellow

I don't think this is a good idea. Imaging that how inconvenient it is if your users are browsing feed and see video feed, they have to go to video detail page to view and then back to feed and continue browsing.

Instead, I think that viewing video in popup with ads supported is better idea.

QueenMother305

I don't think this is a good idea. Imaging that how inconvenient it is if your users are browsing feed and see video feed, they have to go to video detail page to view and then back to feed and continue browsing.

as far as i know this part of the forum is where people can post the things they want for their site. not for people to criticize and say why they think its a "bad idea". you have your preferences and i have mine. if you have a different idea why not post your own thread instead of crapping all over mine?

now back to MY IDEA... let me provide more clarification as to WHY I NEED THIS... i also own pedro's "Content Limits" mod. and while it can limit the number of videos that usergroups can watch on the video view page, it can not limit the number of videos they can watch in the feed which renders the content limits app virtually useless.

I HAVE AN ADULT SITE. I CHARGE TO WATCH MORE THAN 3 VIDEOS A DAY. people will not pay to upgrade membership/subscribe if they can watch as many videos as they want in the feed.

so again i say if anyone is willing to create this app... I WILL PAY.

anyone else can feel free to take their critique and insults elsewhere. 

QueenMother305

i should also mention i own younets ultimate videos app, and when you select for a specific usergroup to not be able to watch videos, it only retsricts them on the video view page but not the feed. so this is another reason i need this app.

JohnJr

So I would assume these videos are not on YouTube :)

I don't know...so does all videos links that are posted on the feed show as videos if you remove the link...let me try here.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lfRMtpAIdTI

JohnJr

Nope...works here but not on the feed.

QueenMother305

bump. app still needed.

Scheinwelt-Media

i have done an app for this. will be in store soon.

QueenMother305

you are the best! ❤️❤️❤️

QueenMother305

thank you for making this for me. it works great so far.

Bong B

"I think that viewing video in popup with ads supported is better idea."

Please implement this in the next version.

Thanks...

Bong B

Please add this feature in the next version.

Thanks...

Scheinwelt-Media

Thanks...

popups are coming directly out of hell ;)

QueenMother305

Thanks...

Then post your own thread asking for it. This was not an "idea"... this was a neccesity for my site since I use content limits app by cespiritual and despite me limiting the number of video views allowable for free members they were able to bypass the limit i set by watching videos in the feed. For people looking to conserve bandwidth the feed is not a viable option for video viewership.

Last update on July 11, 5:03 pm by QueenMother305.