Tashro

I’ve attached a screenshot for context. Our server root information was incorrect, and instead of being navigated back to the server information input screen when attempting to update apps, I am receiving an error message with no means to go back and input the correct information. Does anyone know how to reset the installation method? 

Topics: apps, upgrade, install
Be the first person to like this.
Scheinwelt-Media

do you mean this?

/index.php/admincp/setting/edit/?module-id=core#upload_method

you can find it via admincp search "file upload".

Tashro

do you mean this?

/index.php/admincp/setting/edit/?module-id=core#upload_method

you can find it via admincp search "file upload".

I input the correct information using that setting, but I’m still getting that error message. 

Tashro

When I put in the ftp password, and I save the changes, I then go back to update the apps, get the same error message, check the file upload method again, and see that the password is not there anymore. Could this be causing the issue?

Tashro

I should add that I purchased another app and was able to install it successfully using the same login info, but none of my existing apps will update. I uninstalled an existing app and tried to reinstall it, but it didn’t do that, either. 

I’ve cleared cache after updating the file upload information and it still isn’t sticking. 

Tashro

I should add that I purchased another app and was able to install it successfully using the same login info, but none of my existing apps will update. I uninstalled an existing app and tried to reinstall it, but it didn’t do that, either. 

I’ve cleared cache after updating the file upload information and it still isn’t sticking. 

Paul Kellow

Since phpFox will update source code of app while upgrading with webserver user account, perhaps the webserver account doesn't have write permission on source folder of app you want to upgrade. You should contact your hosting provider for help to check