QueenMother305

I have a powerful dedicated server. And a seperate mail server through sendgrid. Yet FOR YEARS, even before the aquisition of phpfox, and even before the new version... EVERY TIME I SEND A MASS EMAIL (NEWSLETTER) IT CRASHES MY FREAKING SERVER. 

THIS IS ANNOYING. and it needs to be fixed. i have mail queue enabled. cron job is set up. yet still this occurs.

There needs to be better options for those of us who have large databases of many members.

Last update on July 29, 2018 by QueenMother305.
Be the first person to like this.
Neil

yes i have them bundled

Thanks your info. I found the root cause. It will be fixed in next version of newsletter.

Regards.

QueenMother305

my website has been down for days. this isnt just an "newsletter" issue.

server admin says... "After investigating, I can confirm that this memory usage is consistently coming from requests to your website. This memory usage is caused by an optimization issue with the codebase of the site."

connections are not closing

JohnJr

Yeah...I believe it.  I also believe a few 3rd party apps do the same.  I thought checks were only done on installs and upgrades.

QueenMother305

The issue has been found, my sites are now back online. For whatever reason, something on php fox constantly spits out errors into the error log file. It ended up turning into a MASSIVE error log (14 GIGS!!!!) which put my partition for my site at 100%. Once the error log was emptied everything returned to normal. Has anyone else experienced this phenomonon? 

Last update on August 1, 2018 by QueenMother305.
JohnJr

Glad you found out!  Now if phpfox can explain why there are links/linked-images on their software as well as 3rd party software when the image could be just downloaded like everything else.

Spaninet

The issue has been found, my sites are now back online. For whatever reason, something on php fox constantly spits out errors into the error log file. It ended up turning into a MASSIVE error log (14 GIGS!!!!) which put my partition for my site at 100%. Once the error log was emptied everything returned to normal. Has anyone else experienced this phenomonon? 

Hi

Check that log file, it can help you find what caused the errors.

QueenMother305

Hi

Check that log file, it can help you find what caused the errors.

i posted a whole thread about it. did you read it?

Spaninet

i posted a whole thread about it. did you read it?

Yes, I did read it. Your admin said it's Newsletter app. What I suggested to you is to check that log to kknow more details about what is exactly causing log flood and poor performance.

QueenMother305

Yes, I did read it. Your admin said it's Newsletter app. What I suggested to you is to check that log to kknow more details about what is exactly causing log flood and poor performance.

no... i mean i posted the exact error messages for everyone to see.

QueenMother305

here is the new thread with specifics... https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/57365/phpfox-error-log-issue/

Spaninet

I didn't see this other post. Thnaks for sharing it. Hope the info you shared can help phpFox to resolve the issue for everyone.

Spaninet

Thanks your info. I found the root cause. It will be fixed in next version of newsletter.

Regards.

Hi Neil, can you share more details about the root cause. Thanks.

Neil

Hi Neil, can you share more details about the root cause. Thanks.

Because we update the status of the newsletter and clear the cache of site every time an email is sent.

Regards.

QueenMother305

Because we update the status of the newsletter and clear the cache of site every time an email is sent.

Regards.

so when will we have a fix for this and the photos app? these are both crucial to my website. i have a lot of members and this is very bad for me.

QueenMother305

Regards.

any update on when this will be fixed? my site crashed 3 times tonight and i had to reboot my server every time after sending out the newsletter. it’s very annoying and problematic.