ayhan

Hi there,

i added a new menu item with core module event as described in docs. The menu item appears and when i click on it i get an error message:

The page you are looking for cannot be found.

Cache cleared after and it is copied like event menu item. Why do i get this error, it should work like event?!

Thanks for your answers.

Ayhan

Topics: menu
Be the first person to like this.
Kibcode

have you added just "event" in the url? is event app activated? what url do you see in your browser when clicking the event menu?

ayhan

Hey,

thank you for your quick reply.

1. "have you added just "event" in the url?" -> No! i added proceed in the url.
2. "is event app activated?" -> Yes! because i use event app and it is accessible in the menu as event.
3. "what url do you see in your browser when clicking the event menu?" -> ../index.php/proceed/

Does this help you? I added an image of settings below. In any case, thanks for your efforts.

Ayhan

Attachments
index.jpg 25.02 Kb . 146 Views
Kibcode

to view the events index page you have to put in "event" for url.

ayhan

But this would redirect to an existing Page, i want create an indipendant event page with a complete different look and functionality.

Last update on August 1, 2018 by ayhan.
Kibcode

is it a static page or another app?

ayhan

It is a static page

ayhan

It is a static page

Kibcode

when adding a static page you can activate the checkbox to add the page to your menu.

ayhan

I give you a different example: i want to clone event module, this cloned module should be reachable by clicking on menu item. All functions should be the same as event,

Kibcode

sorry, i dont understand your issue. you want to clone the event app or you have cloned it and want to add a menu for the clone? to clone it you have to set other routes for the app ...besides of many other things.

JohnJr

Ayhan, it is a pain...it would be easier just to buy a 3rd party event app and have them both in the menu.  Younet uses "fevent" in their code and phpfox uses "event" in theirs so you can have both in the menu.  Check to may sure they don't have any open bugs/issues in this forum to make sure you know what is wrong before you buy.

ayhan

Hi and sorry for my delay,

i want to create a topic for event, which is separated from others and reachable in menu.

ayhan

thanks, i will try it.