Store Community Support Documentation
ryan

Cant allow certain user to see it keeps saying please select an item from the list. However when i open the list up , I cant select anything as seen in the photo.

https://ibb.co/iLAoYz

https://ibb.co/fdPFDz

Be the first person to like this.
awg

Edit the package, each package, and allow the users groups you want to see it. You will see the settings about half way down screen. Click and activate.

Administrator

Staff

Banned

ryan

Thank you AWG for replying. When i select the permisions as you discribed it will not allow me to save my changes. A bubble pops up saying please select an item from the list as seen in the photos i provided on my original thread.

Step by step

I go to subscriptions
Click on manage package
Select who i want to view the package
*** bubble pops up saying please select an item from the list****
I click on the drop down as seen in the photo and i cant select any user groups.

* I had packages already in place when I upgraded the subscription app

When I make a new subscription package this popup does not show up. ONLY on my packages prior to upgrade.

awg

Ok, yes I did a fresh install, however I noticed that after adding certain apps, admin wouldnt allow changes anymore. 

ryan

Is this gonna be fixed? My marketing team is on standby because no-one is able to view the existing packages. I cant make it visible to the users because i cant change the permissions as discribed above.

David phpFox

Hi Ryan,

In new version of subscribe app will have a rule : any package has at least one subscription (with any status) will not be allowed to edit some fields (User Group on Success, User Group on Failure, Recurring (Toggle), Recurring Period, Number of days to notify user, Recurring Cost). Please check this rule and if it is not exactly with this rule, notice me again.

Best Regards,

David Nguyen.

spirog

Hi Ryan,

In new version of subscribe app will have a rule : any package has at least one subscription (with any status) will not be allowed to edit some fields (User Group on Success, User Group on Failure, Recurring (Toggle), Recurring Period, Number of days to notify user, Recurring Cost). Please check this rule and if it is not exactly with this rule, notice me again.

Best Regards,

David Nguyen.

So David you mean after a user joins that pkg ( as an Admin, I cannot make changes to that pkg any longer ??)

what do you suggest we do if we want to make changes and allow more feature or change price reaccuring etc etc.. for that pkg ?

Do we have to create another pkg and wait for users to join new pkg ?? 

or can we get some importer made for this

Example: we want to make changes to our pkgs so we create a new pkg -

and now we are able to import all users from pkg 1 to pkg 2 as admin ?

Last update on August 10, 6:00 pm by spirog.
ryan

Hi Ryan,

Best Regards,

David Nguyen.

Hello,

I have created a brand new package, I am able to edit the "who can view " rule. However this is not my problem.

I have updated my SUBSCRIPTION module, Now NO-ONE can see the package because all my "OLD PACKAGE BEFORE UPDATE" permissions is not viewable by any user group "EVEN ADMINS"

There need to be a patch so if a package is created before a SITE OWNER updates the SUBSCRIPTION MODULE, the packages can be edit so users can see the package.

My SUBSCRIPTION RATE went from 30 + per month to 0 because NO- ONE can see my ALL READY BUILT packages.

Let me know if this helps, If I need too I will buy a 30 day support from PHPFOX to have this FIXED.

David phpFox

Hello,

I have created a brand new package, I am able to edit the "who can view " rule. However this is not my problem.

I have updated my SUBSCRIPTION module, Now NO-ONE can see the package because all my "OLD PACKAGE BEFORE UPDATE" permissions is not viewable by any user group "EVEN ADMINS"

There need to be a patch so if a package is created before a SITE OWNER updates the SUBSCRIPTION MODULE, the packages can be edit so users can see the package.

My SUBSCRIPTION RATE went from 30 + per month to 0 because NO- ONE can see my ALL READY BUILT packages.

Let me know if this helps, If I need too I will buy a 30 day support from PHPFOX to have this FIXED.

Thanks Ryan!

"Visible for User Groups" privacy is new feature in Subscriptions app 4.6.0, You can edit this privacy for packages are created before but we will check and automation updates value for all user groups in next version. The package (no user groups selected) will be updated values to users can see the package after site owner updates the Subscriptions app.

4.6.1 (build 6) has same bugs ....... My members are not able to view subscription , even admin profile also not showing subscrition page and compare plan page

This links are not working

https://www.xyz.com/subscribe/compare/

Error - 

No packages found or no feature for packages

https://www.xyz.com/subscribe/

Error - 

No packages available.

Add to registration is also not working

Kindly share the solution 

thanks

Last update on August 29, 4:24 am by maniacscorpio.

Hello,

It has been almost two years. Has there been any update on this? Today I wanted to add images to my subscription packages but everytime I try, I get a grey notification saying "Please select an item in the list".  I can't update ANY info or images on subscription packages that have had members at some point (even if there are no current members, or all the members have canceled or upgraded to a different package).

Certain areas like recurring price are completely disabled for editing. Why? It makes no sense, especially in the following situations that are very likely to occur:

• If I had a package only available to the US, and wanted to finally open my site to the UK to reach a new audience, there would be no way for me to add the pricing for the Pound or Euro!
  • What if there was a mistake when you first created it? Like entering $50.0 instead of $5.00. You won't be able to correct it!
  • What if you needed to update the pricing for multiple currencies to match the current exchange rate? You can't. You would have to lose money!
  • If I wanted to add a new subscription package and discount the previous one, it can't be updated!

None of the sliders can be edited, you can't change the usergroup on success or failure, you can't add custom images, you can't edit ANYTHING if the package had a user subscribed at some point in the past. Are we supposed to make NEW packages each time we encounter any of the above situations, and move users who have already subscribed to the new package risking them canceling or having the subscription break?

I know that part of this is just an error based on a broken feature of locking certain functionality if the package has at least one subscriber. My question is, how do we disable this feature completely? It's not helpful at all, even if it was working. I don't want to have to remove users from my database just to get my subscription packages to be editable.:angry:

Last update on June 11, 1:07 am by Nativedragon11.
JohnJr

Nativedragon11,

I am just guessing here as I don't know but maybe it is for protection for the integrity of the package is locked after someone signs up so you don't accidentally change something for 600 members and have users threatening you will lawsuits since it is a contract between you and the user once the user pays.

That being said, everything is in the database so if you made a new package with the correct stuff you wanted you could always go into the database under the old package and paste the new stuff in there and the server/code would not object as it processes the code with the data it is given :)

I do understand what your saying though and hopefully, phpfox can give a reason why they do it this way.

I understand wanting to prevent accidents, but they should provide a way to maybe click "enable editing" so we can choose. How we use our product (and the resulting consequences) should be our choice. I like the ability to update and fix errors as needed.

I try not to mess with the database or do any workarounds because if I am using a payment processor that is using an API key and webhook to renew subscriptions, moving subscriptions around (and potentially changing the important subscription IDs) could potentially break a lot. Seems like more trouble could be cause that way, than simply clicking an "enable editing" button if they insist on locking features.

JohnJr

I am not trying to influence you to mess with the database :)

But...copying a new image URL from a correct subscription or copying a different price should not affect anything as this is not moving around subscription just copying one subscription field to that same field in the area you want to change.  But, like you said changing ID's could cause some serious issue :)

Good luck!

I see what you are saying. I think I will just unlock the items when I need to by altering the form code in the template. It all comes down to what you're more comfortable with I suppose. We just shouldn't have to have workarounds for a feature that doesn't appear to have been requested, isn't needed, and isn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation to warn admins. If it is, it wasn't anywhere obvious like https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Subscription and if it's not in an obvious place in the documentation, how would anyone know to search for it elsewhere?

Anyway. It was just all very frustrating. Thanks for your help and suggestions. Much appreciated!

Last update on June 12, 6:33 am by Nativedragon11.