JohnJr

So here is the link.  You download the zip file from ckEditor

https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/youtube

You extract that zip file in

PF.Site/Apps/core-CKEditor/assets/ckeditor/plugins/

There are three folders (ckeditor, ckeditor_basic and ckeditor_full) but I put it in the ckeditor folder as shown in the above URL.

Then you go to

PF.Site/Apps/core-CK-Editor/assets/ckeditor/config.js

and add at the end of line 39 youtube like this:

config.extraPlugins = 'youtube';

Refresh the cache and your done.

If you already have added extra plugins like I did you have to add it to the current line. Remember you will need to corresponding plugin folders.  My extra plugins that I already had installed are justify, font, colorbutton, panelbutton and required floatpanel and the newest one youtube.  These were all individual folders download from ckeditor site and put in PF.Site/Apps/core-CKEditor/assets/ckeditor/plugins/.

config.extraPlugins = 'justify,font,colorbutton,panelbutton,floatpanel,youtube';

Here is an image of a successful install of the config.js file.

Topics: ckeditor, youtube
Last update on August 21, 2018 by JohnJr.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

The extra stuff below the config.extraPlugins called config.youtube_something didn't seem to work no matter what size I put in there it always came out the same as it does not override the dimension requested when you go to upload the image...so they can put any size they want and it will stretch past your right column.  I didn't do any additional testing as I need the youtube button for my site.  Have a great day!

Last update on November 13, 2020 by JohnJr.
JohnJr

Also, through trial and error I figured out that you cannot have two lines of config.extraPlugins and in that line you cannot have any spaces as well....good luck!

JohnJr

Also, remember that this gets written over when you upgrade, rebuild the core or install an app so write it down.