QueenMother305

People can not join my website if they can't verify their emails. For some strange reason the smtp password blank where I normally enter my smtp password keeps reverting to something else and preventing emails from being sent. Why does it keep reverting automatically? This is HUGE problem for me.

I'm also finding that the email section of the newest build of phpfox isn't working at all....

Spaninet

I also have issues setting up a new SMTP Mail Server.

spirog

check your file permissions

Make your phpFox site more secure

This is SHOULD HAVE step to make your site more secure but it requires technical knowledge about the server system. Therefore, please feel free to contact your system admin or hosting provider for help if you are not familiar with server stuff.

You should grant permissions of files and folders to "webserver user" account as below:

• 2 following folders have permission 777:
  • then try to see if aftert you save and clear cache see if it works
spirog

if not try setting 

grant full read/write access (usually 0777) to the following 2 folders also: 

then try it again add password and clear cache then try again

Be the first person to like this.
spirog

websistema2013

I also have a problem with sending mail after the site is updated to version 4.6.1b6. The rights to the server site folders are correct. I do not use SMTP, but I use the method of sending e-mail messages - Mail.

QueenMother305

i discovered my problem seemed to be an auto password fill issue through my google chrome browser, hoever i was under the impression you had to click "save" in order for it to be changed. it seems the smtp password blank does not require u to save the page to change it. whatever gets put it in that box automatically updates when u click away from it. not sure if this is a bug but hopefully this thread helps. 

by the way i use sendgrid as my mail server. they are cheap and awesome. my mail always gets delivered. i switched to tls after ssl was added to my sites because there were problems. 

websistema2013

I found today that I also earned mail on the site - surprisingly, after upgrading to version 4.6.1b6 a few days did not work and now it works:grinning:

Spaninet

By the way, what Email Delivery Service do you use?

QueenMother305

By the way, what Email Delivery Service do you use?

i use send grid. i love them. 82% delivery rate.

Erick

I'm also finding that the email section of the newest build of phpfox isn't working at all....

ha i belive it too haha

Spaninet

i use send grid. i love them. 82% delivery rate.

Thats high delivery rate. I'll try it. Thanks.

I've had support looking into this issue for over a week. No solution.

They are suggesting that its a server issue at my end and yet, phpfox mail worked in the previous version but not this one.

I can assure them this isn't a server problem - but rather a software problem...!

spirog

I've had support looking into this issue for over a week. No solution.

They are suggesting that its a server issue at my end and yet, phpfox mail worked in the previous version but not this one.

I can assure them this isn't a server problem - but rather a software problem...!

what is the exact issue you are having you cannot send email to users? 

or when user signup it doesn't send email?

setting SMTP username and password doesn't save?

what version do you have  of phpfox 4.6.1.b6?

I use centos 7 php7.2 nginx and apache and it works for me? 

so not sure if any other developer apps you may have installed that maybe caused this issues 

QueenMother305

i just wanted to show you guys my delivery rate with send grid this month. out of 50,000 emails i sent almost 90% were confirmed delivered. that includes yahoo and aol! see attachment below.

Attachments
Screenshot (89).png 124.11 Kb . 104 Views
Last update on September 18, 2018 by QueenMother305.