Lawrence Minutella

All, closeing the thread as I found another way to accomplish what I was looking to do. Thanks for all your help :-) 

To resolve my issue, I created a subdomain to point to the landing page. I added the subdomain folder with the needed landing page files and all is working very well.

Hello, 

I've read previous posts but I could not reproduce the suggestions to work in my case. This is what I need help with. I am trying to have my domain target another file instead of the default index.php file. For example here is the default path:

User > types in "www.domain.com"; > opens file "index.php" (this is the very first default phpfox page where the user can sign up or log in.)

What I would like to happen:

User > types in "www.domain.com"; > opens file "new.php" (instead of the default phpfox page, this will be the new page the domain opens).

From the new page,  I have links to the index.php file so the user can join or sign up. 

Please let me know the following on how to accomplish this:

1. The files I need to change

2. The code and where I need to place or change the code. 

Many thanks :-). 

Larry 

Last update on September 6, 2018 by Lawrence Minutella.
Be the first person to like this.
Lawrence Minutella

Yup, I have not figured out what to correct. 

spirog

I think I remember a spot in admincp that says when you log out it redirects to a page you choose .

I'm not at home now. But there are 2 spots .one is when you login where to redirect and one to redirect when you log out. I think that's correct. Sorry.but as soon as I get home I'll check and post .in the mean time you can search in admincp for redirect and see what comes up .

Last update on September 3, 2018 by spirog.
spirog

I think it's worded as

when user signs out where to redirect. 

spirog

Ok I checked .nope .only redirect url when sign up and login .I think we should get a feature request to redirect url when we log out. I'm sure someone know what code to add it should he simple but would he a nice feature .:)

Sorry but maybe someone can give us a code in the meantime how to get this to work. 

Lawrence Minutella

Thank you very much for the input. I'm getting a bit concerened as the solutions are getting a bit complicated. And I'm not an expert in this application. I'm concerned about screwing something up. 

I would assume moving the files/folders into the subfolder and making some minor changes to the files so the referecne the new folder structure, everything would work. 

I'm hoping the support team at PHPFOX will throw some light on this :-). 

Regardless, I'm very thankfull for all the help thus far!!!!!! :-)

Make that file index.html instead and change htaccess to give html higher priority than php.that way no overwrite or redirection will be needed and by default members will get index.html which you can link to phpfox.

Hello, 

I've read previous posts but I could not reproduce the suggestions to work in my case. This is what I need help with. I am trying to have my domain target another file instead of the default index.php file. For example here is the default path:

User > types in "www.domain.com"; > opens file "index.php" (this is the very first default phpfox page where the user can sign up or log in.)

What I would like to happen:

User > types in "www.domain.com"; > opens file "new.php" (instead of the default phpfox page, this will be the new page the domain opens).

From the new page,  I have links to the index.php file so the user can join or sign up. 

Please let me know the following on how to accomplish this:

1. The files I need to change

2. The code and where I need to place or change the code. 

Many thanks :-). 

Larry 

JohnJr

So what is the code to you put in your htaccess to increase priority?  Just to complete the idea, since it is a good one :)

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

So what is the code to you put in your htaccess to increase priority?  Just to complete the idea, since it is a good one :)

spirog

@Lawrence Minutella

did you try this does it work as you wanted? logging out will take you back to www.yourdomain.com/index.html (your new page)

if so thank you so much to @Whoshotya 

Lawrence Minutella

I restored the .htaccess file back to the original format. 

JohnJr

Spirog, I think he already made a subdomain before, and it worked.  I just wanted the info for future users since it was a great idea.

Lawrence Minutella

To resolve my issue, I created a subdomain to point to the landing page. I added the subdomain folder with the needed landing page files and all is working very well.

Lawrence Minutella

spirog

Hi i know this is closed but i just created free app in store Redirect URL after logout

it might be too late since you have configured your site, but its free to check out

https://store.phpfox.com/apps/redirect-after-logout

It might help someone else if too late for you :)