QueenMother305

Please see attached. Is there a way to have users in the united states in the browse section to display the city and state they are in, instead of the country? Here is the usa many of the city names are in multiple states. for example... there is baltimore, maryland and there is also baltimore, ohio. it's no good to have baltimore, united states displaying because someone looking at the browse page will not know which baltimore the user is in.

Be the first person to like this.
QueenMother305

bump

JohnJr

Sorry, I didn't see this the first time...you want the secret?  I will tell you...sloppy coding without testing.  Sometimes I wish they would stop adding stuff and fix the issues they currently have.  I just purchased YouNet Photo Viewer and paid way to much for an open window and a little CSS and installed it on a fresh site with no add-ons...and it didn't work correctly...it is sad.  I am starting to believe they don't want us to actually launch a site and that is why many here disappear and give up.

So this fix will be overwritten on an upgrade.

My excel spreadsheet with hundreds of fixes says go to:

PF.Base/module/user/include/component/block/info.class.php

Then go to line 32

it says

if (empty($aLocation) && $aUser['country_child_id']) {

Now add ! before the word empty

it should be

if (!empty($aLocation) && $aUser['country_child_id']) {

Last update on September 30, 2018 by JohnJr.
JohnJr

Don't forget to clear your cache :)

Also check out your profile page now...it is displayed correctly...over 3 years and no one noticed it.

Last update on September 30, 2018 by JohnJr.
QueenMother305

Sorry, I didn't see this the first time...you want the secret?  I will tell you...sloppy coding without testing.  Sometimes I wish they would stop adding stuff and fix the issues they currently have.  I just purchased YouNet Photo Viewer and paid way to much for an open window and a little CSS and installed it on a fresh site with no add-ons...and it didn't work correctly...it is sad.  I am starting to believe they don't want us to actually launch a site and that is why many here disappear and give up.

So this fix will be overwritten on an upgrade.

My excel spreadsheet with hundreds of fixes says go to:

PF.Base/module/user/include/component/block/info.class.php

Then go to line 32

it says

if (empty($aLocation) && $aUser['country_child_id']) {

Now add ! before the word empty

it should be

if (!empty($aLocation) && $aUser['country_child_id']) {

Thanks so much John! I can't believe it was so simple!

Densy

Cool!

A simple character can make such a big difference. Will Upgrading the site to a new release reset that change? Just wondering :worried:

JohnJr

Yes, if you upgrade the site, it will most like be written over as you are changing the code although I did change rebuild core and it did not write over it.  What I do is keep an excel spreadsheet of any changes I do to the site including the settings and phrases.  You do this in case something happens, or in this case... an upgrade. 

When they notice this post, they will most likely put this as a fix for 4.8 LOL...Just kidding :)