Store Community Support Documentation
metro

Can somebody validate the following for me.  I seem to have an issue.. v4.7

In Admincp

1. Create custom group - e.g sales and custom field website assign custom field website to custom group sales

2.  Create custom group - e.g hr  and custom field department assign custom field department to custom group hr

Make both custom fields required in registration.

When creating a new user, the sign up registration fails saying that the custom fields have to be completed, however the fields do not show up in the registration.

Please validate before I open a support ticket.

David Nguyen

Hi metro,

We will check and fix this issue in Core 4.7.1

Please waiting and update it later.

Best Regards,

David Nguyen

Vivian

Can somebody validate the following for me.  I seem to have an issue.. v4.7

In Admincp

1. Create custom group - e.g sales and custom field website assign custom field website to custom group sales

2.  Create custom group - e.g hr  and custom field department assign custom field department to custom group hr

Make both custom fields required in registration.

When creating a new user, the sign up registration fails saying that the custom fields have to be completed, however the fields do not show up in the registration.

Please validate before I open a support ticket.

Hi metro,

I confirm that this is a bug and we'll fix in version 4.7.1. For now, please set "Required" option is "No" to resolve this issue. Sorry for this inconvenience.

metro

Thanks Vivian.

Hi metro,

I confirm that this is a bug and we'll fix in version 4.7.1. For now, please set "Required" option is "No" to resolve this issue. Sorry for this inconvenience.

metro

Thanks Vivian.

Hi metro,

metro

@vivian, updating 4.7.0 to 4.7.1 still gives the same error.  Was this actually fixed? 

Vivian

Hi metro,

It's working fine in my local site. Please submit us a support ticket and we will check on your site.

metro

Did you test via upgrading or clean install?

metro

metro

Vivian

Steps to check:

1. Create 2 user groups A & B

2. Set "Can have special custom fields?" = "Yes" from "User Group Settings" of A & B
3. Create custom groups for A & B
4. Sign up new account

metro

Can you test it by making those custom fields Mandatory During Registration...

metro

@vivian any word on the above?

metro

I suspect I will not get a response on this because It was not fixed in v4.7.1 as they claimed it would be above.  

Vivian

Can you test it by making those custom fields Mandatory During Registration...

Yes, I did and the issue has been resolved. If it still happen on your site, please submit us a support ticket. Thank you.

metro

I am not running 4.7.1 on an internet facing site.  Simply because we have tested it, and it DOES NOT WORK if the fields are made mandatory at registration.  Do you have a test server that we can actually see in action?

Can anybody who is reading this verify the issue?