Store Community Support Documentation
AFRIKA
  1. cannot add cover photo
  2. cannnot set cover photo from existing photo within page album
  3. profile photos from other users showing up in pages album
  4. when viewing pages profile photo in album, you can load photo infinite times by pressing load more button
  5. cannot delete profile photo

...and who knows what else... These are bugs that I found in 1 minute when created page after the update...

AFRIKA

6. if you change profile photo x times, news feed shows it x times

If you hit like, you like all of the feeds at once.

And the suggstion that I wrote couple of years ago, is still not implemented... If you hit the like button on news feed for photo, event, video, etc, it should like the photo, event, video, etc... Now it's treated as if there are two different feeds for the same thing... Fix it please...

AFRIKA

7. Profile photo from page created on 4.7.1 is shown as cover photo on pages, groups and user that doesn't have cover photo set..

8. On user profile page, under block liked pages, pages profile photo is 404 not found for pages created before v4.7. Same for groups...

Vivian

Hi AFRIKA,

I can not reproduce your issues on my local site. Please check version of Pages and Groups in your site (latest version: 4.6.3), after that, accessing to AdminCP --> Maintenance --> Remove Files No Longer Used to delete old files. If the issues still happened, please submit us a support ticket and we will check on your site.

AFRIKA

I've done all that... On localhost is fine, but on web, it's full of bugs...

JohnJr

Yup...same type of issues.  Just did a fresh install and it works uploading a profile image and cover image as well as clicking on the top right button to log out on Chrome and Firefox but IE doesn't allow any popups I guess....get the URL with # at the end. Can't even upload an image on the feed.

I have never installed this software once in the last 8 years without finding bugs in the first hour of use.  It is getting old.

I would like to know if the demo site is upgraded to 4.7.1

Paul Kellow

I've done all that... On localhost is fine, but on web, it's full of bugs...

I guess that something wrong happened when you upgraded your site. Have you tried disabling all 3rd-party apps and switching to default Material theme yet?

Paul Kellow

I would like to know if the demo site is upgraded to 4.7.1

I can confirm that our demo site has been upgraded to 4.7.1. 

JohnJr

First I want to say thank you to Paul for letting me know the demo was 4.7.1.  I think it would be helpful in the future when you upgrade the site that you put in the Site Title as "phpfox 4.7.1 Demo" because if I knew immediately I would have not posted because then I would have know it was my site issue and not phpfox upgrade.  I don't think I would have been so mad because then I would have immediately started looking for the problem instead of complaining about it...sorry.

Ok, after spending many hours I have figured out it was a combo of two items.  I know it was a combo because I created a backup so when I figured it out I reinstalled the backup and did this combo and my site now works for me to move forward to check more stuff.

So I had to reinstall photo app.  Not sure if a third party app messed it up or maybe something happened during the install...don't know.  But I had to reinstall it to fix my issues.

The second fix was to shut off Video Viewer Popup by YouNetCo which does not work on IE (even their demo app does not work with IE).  So I have that shut off until they issue a fix which should not be that long because they just issued the same fix for their Photo Viewer Popup.

AFRIKA

I have enough bugs without 3rd party so I don't use it... I only use material theme last 3 updates since I get error 500 douring the update if I don't ...

And also, photos do not get deleted from server when I hit delete button...

JohnJr

Afrika,

In regards to photos being deleted from the server when you click delete.  Well, most software will not go back on the server to actually find the image to delete it.  Why?  When you look at the cost of storage compared to the value of accidentally deleting someone image permanently either on purpose or by a hack makes most software as well as your hard drives to remove the location pointer and not delete the actual file.  That is why they say...deleting a file on your hard drive may not permanently delete it which has made my customers happy when they lose photos. Even FaceBook says:

"When you choose to delete something you shared on Facebook, we remove it from the site. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account."

Although Instagram and Apple keep photos for 30 days after you delete them but they are a billion dollar business with a multi million dollar software to find a way to remove images and not getting in trouble...pretty clever I think.

So being a coder for decades...I would say the text may be instantly remove and the only reason for that would the transactional database would be huge for processing time.

I will be testing out the group section...hoping everything goes well :)

Last update on December 10, 9:42 pm by JohnJr.
AFRIKA

A spammer posted a blog and when I click on the link, I get this; 

The blog you are looking for cannot be found.

I tried to post a blog myself, and the page just gets refreshed and nothing happened. Few minutes after, there's a news feed saying that I posted the same blog as spammer...

Also, every activity notification get's posted twice in news feed...

Last update on December 11, 8:57 am by AFRIKA.
AFRIKA

when posting event, page refreshes and ther is no green notification that the event is posted. Going back to events, there is a event created but clicking on it, says 

The event you are looking for does not exist or has been removed.

I've noticed that both blog and event have ID 0...

blog/0/blogname

event/0/eventname

AFRIKA

When posting new poll, everything is fine, but I cannot click on the poll created. It just refreshes the page...

Same ID 0

AFRIKA

When posting a quiz, I get error There was an error with your quiz, please try again.

When I go back to quizes page, the quiz is created and working fine... ??

Also ID 0

JohnJr