Store Community Support Documentation

Are the devs noticing this?

Attachments
come.png 273.01 Kb . 18 Views
younet.png 326.22 Kb . 15 Views
fox-expert.png 164.25 Kb . 18 Views
shine.png 335.85 Kb . 17 Views
Screenshot.png 317.69 Kb . 19 Views
Last update on December 31, 10:59 pm by prepperz.
JohnJr

Most probably don't have CDN set up...which affects it big time.

Don't need CDN, unless there a lot of traffic. These sites have little to no traffic/ CDN

s are mostly for static and edge delivery. and shouldn't be used as a baseline anyways..

The obvious questions are:

Are the apps optimized?

Will it help or hurt your site? 

Are there other issues?

For example, if cron doesn't work properly the website will get hosed and cause serious performance issues due to the db getting filled which result in a host of other issues.

Last update on January 1, 8:32 am by prepperz.
JohnJr

Yes, you do if you want a good grade....also optimized images help as well.  If I remember correctly...just adding Cloudflare moved me from D to B+ which I thought was stupid.  But Cloudflare did other things like set headers, cache expiration and more so maybe that is why there is such a jump.

Yes, you do if you want a good grade....also optimized images help as well.  If I remember correctly...just adding Cloudflare moved me from D to B+ which I thought was stupid.  But Cloudflare did other things like set headers, cache expiration and more so maybe that is why there is such a jump.

My point is using a CDN is just masking underlying issues. That is why a CDN is not used in baseline stats.

Scheinwelt-Media

hi, scheinwelt-media demo sites are running on a shared server with very limited performance setting so i am not surprised that the site is slow ;)

JohnJr

My point is using a CDN is just masking underlying issues. That is why a CDN is not used in baseline stats.

Sorry, but you're somewhat wrong.  The whole reason for those stats site is based on what you have implemented to produce an easy flow over the internet not just speed or code...although they do affect it they still take points off for the stuff below.  But guess what...GTMetric will help you fix that (at a cost), so you can get a better score :)

YSlow

Add Expires headers

Avoid AlphaImageLoader filter
        Avoid CSS expressions
        Avoid empty src or href
        Avoid HTTP 404 (Not Found) error
        Avoid URL redirects
        Compress components with gzip
        Configure entity tags (ETags)
        Do not scale images in HTML
        Make AJAX cacheable
        Make favicon small and cacheable