Store Community Support Documentation

Dear phpFox developers! Happy New Year holidays! But for whom the New Year begins well, and for someone, with complaints from users to site administrators. You have removed the separation of language phrases by app - the same phrases are used in different apps. But you did not think that the same phrase could mean a different meaning and perception for the participants of the site. In addition, when deleting apps, it is impossible to find all the phrases that relate to this app. The database is filled with unnecessary language phrases of remote apps and takes a huge amount - it can not even be imported. Try importing a database larger than 500 MB - fail (error 500).

Now, according to complaints from users of my network (my kernel version is 4.7.1)

For a year now, the solution of errors of incorrect encoding of some phrases in a user profile has been going on - the phrase "Contacts" is not correctly depicted in Russian or Ukrainian. See the screenshot.

Some sites on the news feed (feed) are displayed with incorrect coding, which puts the site users in shock and they do not understand how this can be on the site. See the screenshot.

Advertising app also incorrectly encodes characters. Ukrainian and Russian language incorrect encoding - in English is correct. See the screenshot.

I have a wish for you in the New 2019 - change your strategy regarding the correct display of the language on various non-English-language sites. Correct language errors - this is all annoying. All with the New Year holidays - good luck, health and the accomplishment of all your desires! Sincerely.

David phpFox
#1

Hi websistema2013,

Thansk for your post!

About issue of incorrect encoding, we are checking and will fix it in next vesion.

Best Regards,

David

Technical Project Manager

www.phpFox.com

Start Your Social Network Today!

websistema2013
#2

Hi websistema2013,

Thansk for your post!

About issue of incorrect encoding, we are checking and will fix it in next vesion.

Best Regards,

David

Technical Project Manager

www.phpFox.com

Start Your Social Network Today!

Advertising app incorrectly encodes characters. Ukrainian and Russian language incorrect encoding.  When will this app be fixed - will it be a month soon after your answer?(See post above)

Vivian
#3

 

Advertising app incorrectly encodes characters. Ukrainian and Russian language incorrect encoding.  When will this app be fixed - will it be a month soon after your answer?(See post above)

Hi websistema2013,

The issue has been fixed in version 4.7.3. Please check again with new content. Thank you.

websistema2013
#4

 

Hi websistema2013,

The issue has been fixed in version 4.7.3. Please check again with new content. Thank you.

I have version 4.7.3

These errors remain:

- Some sites on the news feed (feed) are displayed with incorrect coding, which puts the site users in shock and they do not understand how this can be on the site. See the screenshot.

-  Advertising app also incorrectly encodes characters. Ukrainian and Russian language incorrect encoding - in English is correct. See the screenshot.

- Cannot import large-sized language packs (500 error)

Vivian
#5

Regarding incorrect encoding, please access to your language and run "Find Missing Phrases", I guess that some phrases are not translated before.

Regarding import language package issue, please submit us a support ticket and we will check on your site.  Please help us to link this thread to your ticket, it will help us follow your problem easier.

websistema2013
#6

Regarding incorrect encoding, please access to your language and run "Find Missing Phrases", I guess that some phrases are not translated before.

Regarding import language package issue, please submit us a support ticket and we will check on your site.  Please help us to link this thread to your ticket, it will help us follow your problem easier.

Search for language phrases and clearing the cache do not eliminate errors with language phrases. I have a license phpfox since 2014, and believe me, I know when it is necessary to use the search phrases and cache cleaning. These errors have been going on for over a year now. I closed my project and site, as I and my users were bored with the constant errors associated with language phrases.

Also read at the beginning of the topic, the main thing that I wanted to tell you. You have removed the separation of language phrases by app - the same phrases are used in different apps. But you did not think that the same phrase could mean a different meaning and perception for the participants of the site. In addition, when deleting apps, it is impossible to find all the phrases that relate to this app. The database is filled with unnecessary language phrases of remote apps and takes a huge amount - it can not even be imported. I deleted many apps from the site (I have bought more than 100 apps since 2014) - and all the garbage of language phrases from remote apps is in the base of the site - they simply cannot be found. And this mess began with how you removed the ability to delete phrases that relate to a particular app.

I will wait for your team to be tolerant of not only English-speaking clients, but also all the others. When you put things in order with the coding of phrases, I will start a new project. And now I have deleted the site - I feel sorry for my money, time and nerves, which I gave to my site - but patience is exhausted. Good luck to the phpfox community.