Store Community Support Documentation

Hello,

I have just been reading the documentation for setting up the Instant Messenger and I have a few questions...

I am using a Linux Server with Plesk administration software (CentOS 7.6 and Plesk Onyx 17.8). With Plesk, NodeJS and Redis Cache (Docker) comes along as free extension that has to be installed by only one click.

Does anybody know how to install and configure NodeJS and Redis Cache with Plesk to get running the Instant Messenger? I searched this forum for Plesk, but it seems, nobody uses Plesk, which is weird. 

Thanks for any help.

Greetings,

Mathias

YouNetCo

Hello,

I have just been reading the documentation for setting up the Instant Messenger and I have a few questions...

I am using a Linux Server with Plesk administration software (CentOS 7.6 and Plesk Onyx 17.8). With Plesk, NodeJS and Redis Cache (Docker) comes along as free extension that has to be installed by only one click.

Does anybody know how to install and configure NodeJS and Redis Cache with Plesk to get running the Instant Messenger? I searched this forum for Plesk, but it seems, nobody uses Plesk, which is weird. 

Thanks for any help.

Greetings,

Mathias

Dear Mathias,

Let us help you a part with our understanding, you can follow this article to set up NodeJs

https://www.plesk.com/blog/product-technology/plesk-and-node-js/

You need to access Shell to run some commands (should be root permission)

For Redis Cache

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
apt-get install redis-server -y
service redis-server start

Then you just need to follow phpFox article to configure IM

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Server+Setup+for+IM+Module

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

Hello, 

thanks for the explanation, but Plesk is at version 17.8.11 at the moment and nodejs and redis comes along in an extension, than can be installed by only a few clicks, no need to open a shell or command line. I would like to know, how I can set up everything with Plesk extensions? Maybe I should open a ticket at Plesk forum, as well? I have attached some screenshots to show how it looks like in Plesk.

Greetings,

Mathias

Attachments
plesk_node_js_domain.png 203.44 Kb . 21 Views
plesk_node_js.png 307.72 Kb . 16 Views
plesk_docker_localhost.png 195.06 Kb . 13 Views
plesk_docker_redis.png 286.99 Kb . 18 Views
YouNetCo

Dear Snick3rs,

We think you should get in touch with phpFox team and send Plesk server info to assist you further or bring to our team to help you by submitting a ticket to us at

https://phpfox.younetco.com/ynuser-login

Note: if you're our client, you will have an account to log in.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

I read a lot of issue with redis docker and plesk...plus if I remember correctly you don't get full functionality.   So I just loaded Redis the correct way but a little bit harder way too :)  Also, I have linux 7.6180 and plesk onyx V17.8.11buidl 17...

It is working awesome...this is what I used...although it was awhile ago so hopefully I have everything.

1. For CentOS

Code:

# yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
# yum install tcl wget

2. Download and Compile latest Redis 4:
Code:
# wget http://download.redis.io/redis-stable.tar.gz
# tar xvzf redis-stable.tar.gz
# cd redis-stable/
# make distclean
# make
# make test
# make install

3. Install your Redis-server Service:

Code:
# cd utils/
# ./install_server.sh

Allow memory overcommit :

Code:
# echo "vm.overcommit_memory = 1" >>  /etc/sysctl.conf  && sysctl  -p

Disable transparant_hugepage :
Code:
# echo never > /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled

4. Now you can start and test your Redis service:

Code:
# systemctl start redis_6379
# systemctl status redis_6379

5. For testing your Redis-server you can send PING to server:

Code:
# redis-cli
127.0.0.1:6379> ping
PONG
127.0.0.1:6379>

JohnJr

I forgot to say you have to have ROOT Access which you usually have if you have a dedicated server.  I also have this piece of code as well.  I looks like I looked at my ram which is 62 gigs and decided I wanted to be able to use 40 gigs for phpfox...not sure how I came up with that number though :)

Also to log into your server for a command line you can use something like Putty for windows (you put it on you home computer to connect to your server.  You enter your ip address and then when connected to your server you enter the username root and your password.  Here is a link for putty that I think I used...not sure though...it has been awhile.

https://www.putty.org/

$ redis-cli

127.0.0.1:6379> config get maxmemory
1) "maxmemory"
2) "8589934592"

Full command to set after using the above command to get into directory is
config set maxmemory 40gb

YouNetCo

Hi Snick3rs,

Any updates? Did you have solution to setup IM on your server?

Hi Snick3rs,

Any updates? Did you have solution to setup IM on your server?

Hello,

not yet... I am still searching for some help to set up NodeJS on CentOS 7.6... The documentation from phpFox is for Ubuntu Linux Servers only.

Greetings,

Mathias

Hello,

I am using SSL on my domain. How do I configure the config.js file with SSL from Let's Encrypt via Plesk? I don't know the path to private_key and the path to the certificate.

Greetings,

Mathias

YouNetCo

Hello,

I am using SSL on my domain. How do I configure the config.js file with SSL from Let's Encrypt via Plesk? I don't know the path to private_key and the path to the certificate.

Greetings,

Mathias

Dear Mathias,

As we know, if you run Let's Encrypt via Plesk or Terminal (Shell), it will generate auto configuration into your Apache/nginx configuration file, please find your configuration file to see paths of keys.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo