Store Community Support Documentation

Hi All, 

Not sure if this is the right forum to post, but I found hosting related questions only in archieves which were very old. 

I want to know which is the best hosting service provider for high scalability and customer service. 

Topics: hosting
Spaninet

Depends on what you can afford and what you want or what your site needs.

There are a lot of good and bad hosting providers.

From my experience, the worst is Hostgator. I wouldn't recommend any service from this company.

And the one I am using now is

Hi Spaninet, 

Thanks for your response.. 

I am looking for a stable VPS with 99.99% uptime and something with a bench mark of handling load of few thousands of users at a time. 

All images will be stored in AWS S3 and no videos will be uploaded, only youtube links can be shared. 

Donna used to suggest a hosting provider which she mentioned that even this community is running on the same, however I am unable to find it now. 

Spaninet

These are the Hosting Providers recomended by phpFox.

https://www.phpfox.com/recommended-hosts/

Digitalocean in my experience is good.

Last update on March 12, 12:39 pm by Spaninet.

Thanks a lot Spaninet

Hamada

I use digital ocean and like it very much. I see a new app in the fox app store for DO storage spaces as well. I love their snapshots and backups. It saved me hours of agony as I am still messing with a fairly new setup of phpfox. I think I will end up using DO and a CDN like AWS or Wasabi in the future once I incorporate video uploads and a remote redis cache server.

Glad to know that.. Thanks Hamada.. 

YouNetCo

Hi All, 

Not sure if this is the right forum to post, but I found hosting related questions only in archieves which were very old. 

I want to know which is the best hosting service provider for high scalability and customer service. 

Dear Srny,

I have worked with many clients, so I know what hostings our clients are using the most, I'd like to share you that, It's the hosting provider https://www.phpfox.com/hosting-service/

You used phpFox and also their hosting service, it's perfect, I recommend you

Furthermore, you should also use Amazon S3 to store resources for the best performance.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

Thank you team.. I will check it out. 

Spaninet

Thanks a lot Spaninet

You welcome

Since most of them provided positive feedback about "digital ocean", I am planning to go with it but want to know which VPS server will be best suitable. 

In the recommended hosting service providers, I see that Hostico is there too - https://www.phpfox.com/recommended-hosts/ 

I had VPS 1 (CPU - 2 cores, RAM 2GB, Disk 100 GB, 2 TB transfer) with them untill last week and upgraded to VPS 2 (CPU - 4 cores, RAM 8GB, Disk 500 GB, 6 TB transfer )

I was just setting up the site by adding groups manually one by one and it has been throwing " 503 Service Unavailable error"" and it is extremely slow too. I also get downtime notifier every now and then, support team says they see no issues and I need to upgrade, I have already upgraded from VPs 1 to VPS 2 and see no difference. 

Can you please recommend a decent VPS plan in Digital Ocean?