Store Community Support Documentation
JohnJr

D.O.I. - Date of issue     D.O.B. - Date of bug

•     D.O.I. found: 3/17/18
  •     D.O.B Confirmed: Unconfirmed
  •     Version: 4.02
  •     PhpFox version: 4.7.4

This did work correctly before the update.  When adding a new blog in the 3 level category system.  The table called ynblog_category_data is updated with only one row instead of multiple rows for each category the blog should be listed under.  Currently, you only see the blog image and name in the category listed in the database.

YouNetCo

Dear JohnJr,

Thanks for your question, your question is very technical, it's related to the stored structure in Database, we can not explain to you this.

Can you let us know what your problem is in the end-user? As we created a blog and chose a 3 level Category, it loads well.

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

Thank you for your quick response.

The way I understand your three level categories system is that to be in each level you require a record to point to the level (which perfectly makes sense)

So if I have three level category (Trucks/Cars/Boats >Trucks > 4WD)

If you clicked on the Trucks/Cars/Boats category, it would show the blog

If you clicked on Trucks category, it would show that same listing

If you clicked on the 4WD category, it would show that same listing.

This is accomplished with three records in your ynblog_category_data

Example of one I just did in your previous version:

Category_data_idblog_idCategory_idIs_main

Now in the new version, it seems like it is only putting in one record (the one where is_main is 1 or in this case category_data_id record 12)

So for the end user and using the example above if you click on:

Main Index page - blog shows as well as if it is featured it will show as well.

Trucks/Cars/ Boats - No results found

Trucks - No results found

4WD - blog shows

As I mentioned above, this is an unconfirmed bug.  The reason is that I have a lot of hacks, although I don't see where any of my customizations would affect this.  I would nott think it was a permission issue since the one record is inserted. I did see that you fixed the issue with friends only community (although you didn't mention it on your update report) connecting advanced blogs with phpfox privacy setting in that if you set it to friends only you cannot have advanced blogs privacy set to everyone which I was sad to see removed.  Some might purchased the extra blog app just to have the ability to post public blogs that everyone can see, including guest.

JohnJr

Here are images requested by YouNetCo for this issue.  The first image shows that it does display this blog/news on the home page of Advanced Blogs.  It was listed under subcategory 4wd 

Truck, Cars and Motorcycles > Trucks >4wd

It does show up in the 3rd category (in this case 4wd)

As I mentioned in the previous post, it looks like the code is not adding the additional records to show in the main category and subcategories like it use to.  To prove this, I added the additional records in the table, and it showed in all three categories as well as advanced blogs index page.

YouNetCo

Dear JohnJr,

Thanks very much for your explanation, we confirmed with you that this is the bug of our product, we will fix it on the next release.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

I was just wondering if you fixed this in either of the last two releases (May 7, 2019, or July 4, 2019) as you mentioned in your previous post that you were going to do.

Last update on July 29, 1:31 am by JohnJr.
YouNetCo

Dear JohnJr,

We would like to inform that this issue was fixed in the Adv Blog version 4.02p2. You can update and check.

Best regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

Thank you very much.  I will check this weekend and update the bug report.