Store Community Support Documentation
JohnJr

D.O.I. - Date of issue     D.O.B. - Date of bug

•     D.O.I. found: 3/17/18
  •     D.O.B Confirmed: Working as Designed
  •     Version: 4.02
  •     PhpFox version: 4.7.4

In this last update, YouNetCo gave us the ability to change the URL ending to match what we display (example:  www.mydomain.com/newsarticles) - which is awesome.

The problem now is that there are three areas that pull phrases from the standard blog variable instead of having their own.

The first is on the main Advanced Blog index page under the search bar. There is a title phrase called Blogs which is used for phpfox for GROUPS and PAGES main menu.  So if I change it to News Articles now for Advanced Blogs to match the new URL and what I am doing, it now updates GROUPS and PAGES with News Articles menu link, which is wrong.

The next area is again on the main Advanced Blog index page after you click on a subcategory.  Once you click on a subcategory a submenu (breadcrumb) a row of links appear to show where you are in the categories.  The issue is again, the variable for the main category is pulling the Blog variable like in the first issue.  So again you can't change it without messing up GROUPS and PAGES.

Advance Blogs should have its own variable/phrases so the awesome add-on can be used fo more than just blogs.

Last update on March 19, 4:09 pm by JohnJr.
Be the first person to like this.
YouNetCo

Dear JohnJr,

Thanks for your reports, we'll study them and update you the result soon.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

Here is another example.

File: PF.Site/Apps/ync-blogs/Service/Callback.php

Line # 727

'feed_info' => _p('shared_a_blog').('<a href="'.$sLink.'">'. _p(' a blog').'</a>'),

The second phrase in this line of code (_p(' a blog')) is not a phrase variable.  So the only way to change it would be hardcoded the phrase.  Now although I use Advanced blogs say for new stories...the feed always says Admin shared a blog.  Advance Blogs has a benefit over other add-ons that it is a separate module from phpfox blogs and that is why it cost more which I am more than happy to pay extra for this benefit.  You can use this for news, bass fishing trips, articles...it can be anything as well as blogs.  But it seems in the last few updates you have been reusing or connecting phpfox code with probably some benefits but also some negatives as well.  An example of this we already have with phpfox a blog system that is connected to the privacy rules.  If I have my site set up for friends only for the rest of the site...including phpfox blogs.  It would be nice to have the ability to use this app to post stuff to everyone.  It uses to have the ability, but during this last update, the privacy for posting is now being done through phpfox privacy module.  Not saying that is wrong because some might want it that way, but some may specifically buy this blog module for the ability to be outside of phpfox privacy rules.

JohnJr

Here are the images YouNetCo has requested.  Fresh install tonight with just phpfox and Advanced Blogs.  As you can see all three areas use the same Phrase Variable (app_d6b9ea32b921a9f56de32062ba4b94f3) which is incorrect because the second image is a Phpfox Group and that menu link is for Phpfox Blogs not News.  So I am assuming that instead of making your own variable for Advanced Blog for those two areas, you reused Phpfox variable.

Last update on March 19, 4:01 am by JohnJr.
YouNetCo

Dear JohnJr,

Thanks very much, its design is for Blog, so if you'd like to use it for another purpose as News, some phrases will be conflicted

If you need, we can provide customization service to assist you in bringing all to News

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

First, thread number 2 is just lazy coding not making a phrase variable.  Second, all the other terminology/phrases you can change ALL (as I have done it) in your advanced blog app except this one, and now you're claiming it is only made for blogs.

Well, it is good to know so future buyers will be aware that this one variable stop you from using it for any other purpose except a second blog app.

It seems like that one variable could take away some future sales I guess.  Thank you for your quick response and your customization offer.  I was thinking of future buyers, I can hack it myself thanks.  The ability to change the URL ending to something else is less useful now since you can't use it for something else, but thanks anyway for your attempt.

I changed the Title of thread as "Working as Designed"

Last update on March 19, 4:10 pm by JohnJr.
YouNetCo

Dear JohnJr,

Thanks for your back response, this phrase is normal _p(' a blog'), you can check cores using this style very much

Ex: 'info' => _p('Top Bloggers Limit'), at PF.Site/Apps/core-blogs/Block/TopBloggers.php

Regret to inform you that in the back-end, you can not add that phrase because phpFox will auto add "_" for whitespace, hope it should be supported soon from the platform.

Please check in "phrases.json", add that phrase, run "Re-validation" at "Manage Apps" page

Note that you need to enable techie mode

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

JohnJr

Dear JohnJr,

Thanks for your back response, this phrase is normal _p(' a blog'), you can check cores using this style very much

Ex: 'info' => _p('Top Bloggers Limit'), at PF.Site/Apps/core-blogs/Block/TopBloggers.php

Regret to inform you that in the back-end, you can not add that phrase because phpFox will auto add "_" for whitespace, hope it should be supported soon from the platform.

Please check in "phrases.json", add that phrase, run "Re-validation" at "Manage Apps" page

Note that you need to enable techie mode

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

Thanks for the info.  I did not know about the space issue, and that does make perfect sense then.