Store Community Support Documentation

Because of that sloppiness, we ended up having issues wiht the Material theme as the changelogs from phpfox  published was uncomplete ...this is a serious matter ...besides the back and restore app is buggy...i let all of you imagine the impact of such mistake. 

Scheinwelt-Media

can you tell what is missing in the change log?

when i do updates of the core system or apps the first thing is to backup the db via phpmyadmin and copy all files. doing this allows you the switch back when something went wrong. since most of the sites are somehow modified there can always be issues when updating. best practise is to use a dev site with the same settings as your production site and test it there.

most hosting providers have a backup feature in backend. that is also a good way to be save.

i would not trust an app to do that critical task.

Mohammed Alex

Dont Know exactly  because i have copied the upgrade after cheking the names of the 147files in changelog and not 1 were touching my customized files. But after upgrading seems that there was somes files not declared in the changelogs i found most of my site changed ( Design, Some features).. After that I tried the backupandrestore and restore all from a last backup and that erased 100%of my DB.. i found only phpfox tables of Backup.. As i have backed up in my hosting too i restarted and i copied one by one the 147 files manually.. and i got 95% of the result that i wanted..

The 5% was the variables.less that changed somehow.

Scheinwelt-Media

it sounds like you have used the default theme to make your changes. you should always make a copy of the theme you want to modify because core themes are getting updates. excuse me if i am wrong...

Last update on April 25, 3:43 pm by Scheinwelt-Media.
Mohammed Alex

Right, i will chekc with my IT guy but what does it changed to the fact that files modified were missing from the change list ...how can PHPFOX be so reckless and have the nerve to tell me to consult an expert ??? when i ask them whats wrong ....this is an unseen situation, crated by them, and they send me other place to find a solution ...PHPFOX is sold as an easy to use fully customizable script, it implies ALL documentation should be provided.

This matter is serious and thank god we have our back up and all you are saying. Phpfox should take responsability instead of trying to dodge all kind oif request they cant make money with... this expereince with them is becoming a total failure and we are about to see elsewhere for that matter.

it sounds like you have used the default theme to make your changes. you should always make a copy of the theme you want to modify because core themes are getting updates. excuse me if i am wrong...