Alan Dogg

I have been looking to unsponsor a page on my site but when I click the settings cog all I get is feature or unfeature a page no "Remove Sponsor sor, unsponsor

Topics: sponsor, unsponsor
Be the first person to like this.
Alan Dogg

Same as always, You pay through the nose for phpfox and its addons that never seem to do as it said on the tin, You would think with the amount of revenue you pull in from us that you would at least employ sombody to take care of support questions in the forum NOPE. Even when you send in a tickets it takes weeks before we get a reply

Vivian

Dear

We can not reproduce your issue on our local sites. Please give us steps to reproduce or submit us a support ticket, we will check on your site.

Alan Dogg

Hi,
I have enclsoed screen shots and admin details

Post with issue
https://thesublist.co.uk/advancedevent/16/battle-of-the-bands-heat/

Admin details
User: admin@thesublist.co.uk
Pass: Rolandem2000

PS: Also can you give me a screen shot to where Iam ment to approive posts even though this feature has been disabled. IE posts dont need approved Seen screen shot of that also

Alan Dogg

just changed password as I realsised this reply was in the forum not private, I will pm you login

YouNetCo

Dear Alan Dogg,

How are you? Have you solved your issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

Alan Dogg

No, Still cant unsponsor :(

Vivian

Dear Alan,

The issue belongs to the Advanced Event app, please contact the app vendor.

Paris

Dear Alan,

The issue belongs to the Advanced Event app, please contact the app vendor.

Heard that before.

Sorry it's become a common issue.  Oh it's not our fault. It's that other dudes module.  You go to them, they repeat the exact same line.

Then finally drum rolls.

"We can fix it for $$$$$$$". Depending on which side takes the job.

Amen.

I really wish the developers would help each other out. Not codewise but at least try and use a STANDARD so that all parties can be compatible.

For example not do a CODE that swaps out the other guys feed or comments.  Or do something that over rides default pages and feeds.

Is there any way you guys can CO-exist???????? I mean I don't get it.

Please educate me.

Last update on May 29, 2019 by Paris.
Paul Kellow

Heard that before.

Sorry it's become a common issue.  Oh it's not our fault. It's that other dudes module.  You go to them, they repeat the exact same line.

Then finally drum rolls.

"We can fix it for $$$$$$$". Depending on which side takes the job.

Amen.

I really wish the developers would help each other out. Not codewise but at least try and use a STANDARD so that all parties can be compatible.

For example not do a CODE that swaps out the other guys feed or comments.  Or do something that over rides default pages and feeds.

Is there any way you guys can CO-exist???????? I mean I don't get it.

Please educate me.

Practically, no one can warranty for free-bug products. Your phpFox site may use apps from many 3rd-party developers. Issues of app A can effect to functionalities of Core or other 3rd-party apps. People here can help you find out what causes are and where/which app should be fixed.

However, it is a good recommendation that you should reach out to the vendor of app A for help to fix as they know their product best. They know the impacted areas of the fix and can check them all to make sure no other issues happen then.

Paul Kellow

Hi Alan,

Does this issue also happen with other Core apps or default Event app? If not, I think the issue belongs to the 3rd-party Advanced Event app.