Store Community Support Documentation

Can someone please help me. this has been an issue that i have had with PHPFox since i started using it. when you create a blog or event and save it, then go back and edit the blog or event then share using share this to facebook. It grabs a random image to use for the share.this last blog a user created when it is shared it grabs a image from the ads section as the main image for the share. This is very frustrating to me and my members when they create a blog or event and want to share after it has been edited or approved by admin. Am i the only one that has this issue? if so any pointers to help solve this issue is greatly appreciated.

awg

My images dont even show when I post. Did they restict images posting on facebook from external sites, or can you se your to date still?

I see the image just the wrong image.

Vivian

Hi Rich,

We can not reproduce your issue on our local sites. Can you reproduce it on phpFox demo site (https://v4.phpfox.com)?

awg

Clear your cache once your done editing the blog. I know what your talking about.

awg

In some sitautions, I have to clear my browser cache as well. Not all the time, but alot of times, I have to clear both site/browser cache to get the proper image to show.

Vivian

Clear your cache once your done editing the blog. I know what your talking about.

I just do steps by steps and can't reproduce the issue.

Well i get it all the time, and can reproduce it on both my test site and the live site. i have not done any dev and i am pretty much using phpfox right out of the box. the one mod i made is for uploading files to a club page. Viv you and i have talked about this before. and AWG you are correct if you clear the cache after editing it will display the correct image when sharing to FB.

I tried to post a blog on you test site and it would fail capcha and capcha was not visiable. I saved it as a draft and tried to share it to facebook and it did not scrape an image to use at all.

Vivian

I tried to post a blog on you test site and it would fail capcha and capcha was not visiable. I saved it as a draft and tried to share it to facebook and it did not scrape an image to use at all.

Dear Rich,

I've updated permission for the demo account, please check again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

YouNetCo

Dear Rich,

How are you? Have you solved that issue?

Kind Regards,

YouNetCo

I have found that i need to clear the cache after i make an edit to the blog to have it display the correct image. not sure why but that is what it is.