Store Community Support Documentation
Viewing Single Post
Paris

That is exactly the problem with phpfox. It requires TOO MUCH POWER AND EFFORTS to run ok. It's design is faulty on apps. Huge weight. Apps add tons of js, css and etc. The feed is in need of improvement. It's slow, only works after fully loaded. Runs ultra slow on mobile web browsers and small laptops. Big issue.

Point is You are asking clients to run a barebones setup with no apps for optimal speed? That's not the best answer imo. Yeah even barebones phpfox is slower than it's competitors by #x's.

Point is The features are the app's. Phpfox default features are incomplete. Take for example the feed. It has no filters, no feelings or anything. Other modern scripts already have it all.  We are forced to use the terrible available slow feed app "not hating on YNC or fe" for those features or in my case abandon them. Both Too slow and have compatibility issues with other apps.

The issue I am pointing out is that each app added destroys the scripts speed by loading Non combined css files. Autoload.css per app. Even with performance turned on it does not combine the files. 15 apps calls 15 auto css.

Important things.

1. Improve feed mechanism. Allow it to work prior to load completion. Atm we can't do nothing until page is done loading. I get complaints about this.

2.What I am asking is for a rethink on apps and design a better system to make apps "faster". Combine all the auto css files. Cache it at visitor page. I don't know. The speed on mobile web responsiveness is horrible too and on smaller laptops.

Anyways I'm sharing REAL use issues with you. Hope things improve. Your tests are not realistic. The devices and usage by people demand more and totally give an uglier result. Take for example how many folks will wait for entire feed to load? They are already clicking and scrolling. Now they are noticing delays and unreliable menu toggling. It's so bad sometimes I have to limit to 1 or 2 posts. That's unacceptable.

Modern scripts are pumping out 10 posts like nothing. No effort. Phpfox struggles.

Please improve #1 & #2. It's really ugly.

Many other examples but too much to list.

Hope to see improvement in future.

Last update on June 6, 8:23 am by Paris.