Store Community Support Documentation

I installed phpfox and more than 1000 registered in a day.  Now I have more than 10,000 spammers there.  How can I remove them and their content (images/posts/feeds/etc...)?

PHPfox sells their script as white labeled.  But have their identity everywhere.  How long they going to ignore their customers feedback/complain?

vktechnology

Hi

Can you show where is  they put identity everywhere ?

Last update on June 22, 3:53 pm by vktechnology.

How spammers find phpfox sites?  folder names, Keywords, titles, descriptions

This issue has been raised multiple times with the new phpfox. It  makes them an easy target.    https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/57652/the-pf-base-name-make-it-too-easy-to-locate-for-attacks-and-id-as-phpfox-si/

A few of the mentioned items + creative use of google and spammers can target phpfox sites.  

The old phpfox resolved this issue, but the new phpfox missed lots of important nuances from what was learned previously (by the old team and old community which many have left due to the new product and how the new team conducted itself with the old community) which is why they are having so many issues when they reintroduce the new phpfox versions.

Those who doesn't learn from the past is bound to repeat it.

They have made some improvements, but they've a long way to go. Slowly it seems, but at least it's good to see some small changes in the right direction. Over time, they become big enough to make a difference.

Last update on June 22, 7:04 pm by prepperz.
Paris

Hi

Can you show where is  they put identity everywhere ?

The identity is everywhere.

1.Installation PATHS & directories. They are so obvious.

2. The LOGO. Instant give away.

3. .JS files.

The spammers know exactly that it's a phpfox labeled site .01 second right after it's installed. That fast.

The most important thing phpfox needs to do is allow us to custom install phpfox to our own named directories "sorta restructure it", autoload filenames" need to be renamed to name of our choice" and allow choose where we put our files as currently spammers know exactly where everything is "files/ect" & have it "LOGO-less" to be safe as the logo gives it away right off the BAT. HEY I AM PHPFOX.

There are other more bigger issues atm like feed speed but I guess sonce this is brought up, I'm just adding important points to the post.

Installation should have 2 MODES.   Advanced installation "Set our own defaults, paths, autload names, file locations and ect" and a BEGINNERS default "with registration set off".

Last update on June 24, 2:05 am by Paris.

mainly visitor index images from phpfox site.

vktechnology

I prefer directory name

PF.Base  = Base

PF.Site =Site

PF.Src =Src

Benefit

1) It easier when login to SSH to do thing such as typing to access directory.

2) Hide Identity. 

vktechnology

Another identity  I found when Google index some pages my site it show  "on phpFox" 

on meta description

Then I search and replace in language

Last update on June 24, 5:41 am by vktechnology.
Paris

Another identity  I found when Google index some pages my site it show  "on phpFox" 

on meta description

Then I search and replace in language

Good catch.

Why do you have so much spam? Are you using Google captcha? I don't have a single spam account on my site when Google captcha is activated! If you want to remove the spam accounts you need to go to users from admincp and check all  the users you want to delete and all their content will be deleted with their profile.. 

Last update on June 24, 5:16 pm by Whoshotya.

Why do you have so much spam? Are you using Google captcha? I don't have a single spam account on my site when Google captcha is activated! If you want to remove the spam accounts you need to go to users from admincp and check all  the users you want to delete and all their content will be deleted with their profile.. 

You're missing the point of the post. It's about phpfox sites being easily identified and targeted.

Last update on June 25, 8:26 am by prepperz.
YouNetCo

Dear @vava,

Regarding spamming issue, I think you can find more suggestion at:

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-prevent-phpfox-community-from-spam/

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-stop-spamming-on-your-phpfox-community-part-2/

Hope that it will help you.

Regards,

YouNetCo

I'm talking about default settings and carelesssness of phpfox.  You are saying how clients can stop themself. 

Dear @vava,

Regarding spamming issue, I think you can find more suggestion at:

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-prevent-phpfox-community-from-spam/

https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2019/how-to-stop-spamming-on-your-phpfox-community-part-2/

Hope that it will help you.

Regards,

YouNetCo

Still the 500 error image is from their site.

YouNetCo

Hi vava,

Still the 500 error image is from their site.

Did you resolve this issue? 

Regards,

YouNetCo