Store Community Support Documentation

Pls all, this is urgent as my site has been down for almost 24 hours after upgrade to 4.7.6

I am hosting on a managed VPS on Hostiso 

While i was trying to update my phpfox website to the latest version of 4.7.6, in the proces it said i need php version 7.2 or higher to enable the website function normally .

my current php version is PHP 5.6 (ea-php56)
so i changed my php version settings in cpanel to PHP 7.2 (ea-php56) and it gave an internal server error

I had to switch back to php v5.6

i still upgraded it with the 5.6 version and now my website frontend wont display properly anymore but my AdminCP worked fine. See attached screenshot 

when i changed back to the php version to 7.2 again , it still gives internal server error

With php verision 5.6 , my phpfox AdminCP still displays and works fine , but when I change it to 7.2 , it also gives a 500 Server error 

Then I disabled all third party plugins and nothing changed 

I use younetco passion theme which I also disabled  and hoping to switch to default theme , but problem still persists 

I reenabled the theme and still frontend will not display either with php 5.6 or 7.2 

I contacted my hosting company and this is the message they gave me 

---------

This has nothing to do with PHP,something in phpFox not supporting PHp 7.2, you would need to report this to phpFox developers to check.

Kind regards,

Hostiso Support

--------------------

Since the issue is majorly with my frontend display , I contacted younetco team for yn passion theme compatibility issues but yet to get a response 

I have also uploaded a screenshot of the front end 

Pls I need help urgently ... Any suggestions , ideas would be welcome . Thanks house 

Attachments
Topics: upgrade issues
Scheinwelt-Media

checkif you are using mysqli in settings file

vktechnology

php 5.6 is fine with  phpfox 4.7.6

1) Did you try  admincp >  maintenance > rebuild core theme ?

2) Are you able to load this page PF.Base/tools/debug.php ?

If not you need to change file and folder permission

Kindly say where to find this setting , my hosting cpanel or my phpfox . thanks 

php 5.6 is fine with  phpfox 4.7.6

1) Did you try  admincp >  maintenance > rebuild core theme ?

2) Are you able to load this page PF.Base/tools/debug.php ?

If not you need to change file and folder permission

yes i rebeuilt core theme over and over each time i disable or enable any thing 

removed all unused files and cleared cache 

PF.Base/tools/debug.php - i enabled all file and folder settings to 777 then tried to load mywebsite/PF.Base/tools/debug.php ; , all i keep seeing is a form to enter my phpfox license ID and key which i did to toggle debug mode 

debug mode is now enabled but each time i refresh , the page keeps repeating the form , asking me to enter my license ID and key again 

also, checking from my hosting server informatiion , i can only see mysql 

My SQL server version -10.3.16-MariaDB

perl version 5.16.3

cpanel version is 78.0 (build 30)

I just discovered something new , my site comes back on when i turn Debug mode : On 

But site goes down again when i turn debug mode off 

pls what do i do ?

i cant find cache.sett.php in the PF.Base/file/settings folder

i only see sett.php file for debug,license, rewrite,server etc but none for cache

Scheinwelt-Media

what is the last entry in your phpfox log file?

Scheinwelt-Media

you can also contact me if you need service.

but now even with debug mode turned on , its still not showing

this is the last entry in my log file

the error seems to be from my database connection, though i am not too sure . but this is it

error
2019-06-22 06:41:10
Error Code: 4877f3
Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/database/driver/mysql.class.php:765
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/database/driver/mysql.class.php(85): Phpfox_Database_Driver_Mysql->_connect('', 'myusername', 'mypassword', '', false)
#1 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/database/database.class.php(80): Phpfox_Database_Driver_Mysql->connect('', 'myusername', 'mypassword', 'onyekat_fameido...', '')
#2 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/database/database.class.php(104): Phpfox_Database->__construct()
#3 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/module/service.class.php(56): Phpfox_Database::instance()
#4 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/module/user/include/service/auth.class.php(74): Phpfox_Service->database()
#5 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/phpfox/phpfox.class.php(355): User_Service_Auth->__construct()
#6 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php(983): Phpfox::getObject('user_service_au...')
#7 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/phpfox/phpfox.class.php(790): Phpfox_Module->getService('user.auth', NULL)
#8 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/phpfox/phpfox.class.php(890): Phpfox::getService('user.auth')
#9 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/module/user/include/service/group/setting/setting.class.php(36): Phpfox::getUserBy('user_group_id')
#10 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/phpfox/phpfox.class.php(355): User_Service_Group_Setting_Setting->__construct()
#11 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/module/module.class.php(983): Phpfox::getObject('user_service_gr...')
#12 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/phpfox/phpfox.class.php(790): Phpfox_Module->getService('user.group.sett...', NULL)
#13 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/library/phpfox/plugin/plugin.class.php(209): Phpfox::getService('user.group.sett...')
#14 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/include/init.inc.php(244): Phpfox_Plugin::set()
#15 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Src/Core/Engine.php(80): require('/home/onyekat/p...')
#16 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/PF.Base/start.php(36): Core\Engine->initLoadClass('/home/onyekat/p...')
#17 /home/username/public_html/mywebsite.com/index.php(5): require('/home/onyekat/p...')
#18 {main}
Scheinwelt-Media

i sent you a message

Last update on June 23, 3:00 pm by Scheinwelt-Media.

Hello onyekat.

I've just read your post. If your still having trouble upgrading. Try changing the php to the latest version, and clearing the cache to your site, server and computer.  Also is there delay in whereby your server only refreshes itself after a number of hours/days?  Try checking with your host or server administrator regarding this.

Good Luck.