Store Community Support Documentation

Hello!

I have small problem.

Can you tell me how I can change the default "Share on your wall" setting from "Community" to "Friends Only" for newly registered users?

My guess is that the default value of settings in the "Privacy Settings" tab in the user settings is based on the "User Default Privacy Setting on Registration" setting in AdminCP.

I want the "User Default Privacy Setting on Registration" setting to be set to "Anyone" (as it is currently), except that the "Share on your wall" option is set to "Friends Only" instead of "Community" by default.

Can you tell me where I can change it?

My guess is that I need to change the value of some setting field in the database, which is responsible for the "Share on your wall" setting, but I do not know which field.
Can you tell me how to change it?

Thank you!

Regards,

kerstar

YouNetCo

Dear kerstar,

We think that phpFox has not supported this feature yet - where admin can configure the default value for a specific item in Account/Privacy setting. I think you can share your suggestion on phpFox Github Tracker at https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-feature-requests

If you want this feature immediately, you can contact us (YouNetCo) or any phpFox third-party developers at https://store.phpfox.com/experts. We are willing to support you do this custom work.

Best regards,

YouNetCo

spirog

@kerstar,   I've requested a feature request - something similar to what your asking, that got approved: 

https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-feature-requests/issues/723

not sure if they will make this also an admincp feature for us to set as admins, but it was the same Idea :

for main feed to allow each user so they can set what they want to see in main feeds, whole community feed, friends only feed etc.

see my feature request I gave them and they approved it, hopefully to be accomplished in v.4.8.0 

crossing my fingers :)

Spiro

Last update on October 29, 3:54 am by spirog.
JohnJr

It has been awhile :)

harrison05 added this to the 4.8.0 milestone on Sep 17, 2018

@spirog

The function that I showed here and the one that you showed on github are two different functions (unless I misunderstood something).

My problem has been solved. It was enough to create the appropriate function in the PF.Base\module\user\include\service\process.class.php file that sets the appropriate privacy settings when registering the user account.

spirog

@spirog

The function that I showed here and the one that you showed on github are two different functions (unless I misunderstood something).

My problem has been solved. It was enough to create the appropriate function in the PF.Basemoduleuserincludeserviceprocess.class.php file that sets the appropriate privacy settings when registering the user account.

@kerstar

can you share your implementation and what you added to get this function to work? does it show in admincp now with a dropdown to select and set as default for new users ?