Store Community Support Documentation
DanShea

When I go to create a marketplace item, it wants me to input a location, but anything I put in for location does not take. What am I doing wrong, or is it possible to disable the location?

JohnJr

Did you add a Google Map API Key to use the maps?

DanShea

Nope, I just realised that. Where do we add the google map api key?

Thanks,

Dan

DanShea

Now the location is grayed out and says "ooops something went wrong"....

JohnJr

This may take a few steps...first, read this and knock out the PHP issue.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/57309/google-map-api-issue-in-feed-no-maps-show-but-in-events-app-the-maps-show/

Paris

Personally I wanna disable the REQUIREMENT of api and location.

I would rather have no map, just a simple USERS answer of where they are. No need of any sort of processing.

Any ideas on how to do this? The code to Ignore needing API?

I could find it but would take forever.

Anyone know amquick fix to this?

Maybe even code Market place and events to BYPASS location check and delete the MAP feature on their index.

Last update on November 13, 9:12 pm by Paris.
DanShea

I too would like to be able to disable the mandatory requirement and just make it optional user input.

Paris

I feel like a victim here. I don't understand this ridiculous problem. Disable api, let us have option to use google trash or just a persons "MINNESOTA". It's so simple. Why make clients stress over such a stupid thing.

ATM I have to figure out how to disable this api, disable the "REQUIRED LOCK" in the YOU MUST ENTER location issue.

Come out, read your forums and reply, tell me where to remedy "YOUR" bug. This isn't even ours. Clients can't post market place, events nad it's pissing me off. 4.7.8 here and the same 3.x feelings back again. When will these pathetic bugs get smashed?

I too would like to be able to disable the mandatory requirement and just make it optional user input.

Last update on November 14, 12:09 am by Paris.
Paris

I was thinking not deal with the bug, i mean just let fix it to allow user to specify the location. These days people have mobile phones and nobody cares about a mapo on your site to be honest. They can simply use maps on mobile and upload it to their post. No biggy.

JohnJr

I am sorry...had shoulder surgery as i tore two muscle in my shoulder.  i will research this in several days but currently on lots of meds but still in the worst pain of my life...but will have time later on since i cant lift more than 10lbs for several months while my tendons grow back on my bone.  just typing this took me 10 minutes as i pecked with my left hand...sorry for typos.

Paris

Oh my John, I hope you're ok.

Take it easy:) No rush.

I think i'll figure it out soon. If not I'll wait another 10 years. We'll be 100 by the time phpfox gets it right.

I am sorry...had shoulder surgery as i tore two muscle in my shoulder.  i will research this in several days but currently on lots of meds but still in the worst pain of my life...but will have time later on since i cant lift more than 10lbs for several months while my tendons grow back on my bone.  just typing this took me 10 minutes as i pecked with my left hand...sorry for typos.

Dear all,

I've just tried to delete Google API key, after that I can create an event successfully, by the way, I could not create Marketplace, it required a location for this listing.

This issue will be fixed in the next phpfox version 4.7.9. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Please wait the update from us soon.

Regards,

Hannah