Store Community Support Documentation
metro

So... I don't need pages, but I need groups.  When I did an install, I just turned on groups. DARN thing would not work, after spending close to 8 hours trying to figure it out, I go to the database and can not for the life of me find the groups table.  I do a reinstall with all modules and it works, so I go back into the db, and find the friggin tables in the Pages.  Are the two not supposed to be separate apps?  If one is going to be dependant on the other, then why not make them one app, and have a switch to toggle one or both on/off. SMH

JohnJr

If I remember correctly they use the same tables which is very logical since they are the exact same thing except for privileges.  There is a field that indicates whether it is a group or page.  Remember I am going off something I remember a few years back.  Although, I have not installed both pages and groups in this last install I have done installs with groups and pages and pages only as well as groups only with no issues since the tables with the indexes to point to other informational tables.   So if there are issues...maybe it was with the last upgrade.  The table does not care whether it is a page or group since both hold the same information.

Last update on November 27, 2:17 pm by JohnJr.

Dear metro,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that the Groups app works correctly on your site now. Btw, I would like to confirm that this issue did not occur on PHPFox latest version 4.7.9. 

Regards,

Hannah

metro

The do not groups and pages should be separate PERIOD!  What was fixed in 4.7.9? was a toggle inserted... 

Dear metro,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that the Groups app works correctly on your site now. Btw, I would like to confirm that this issue did not occur on PHPFox latest version 4.7.9. 

Regards,

Hannah

Dear metro,

I checked and did not see this issue on phpfox v4.7.9. Sorry for the time you spent on this issue, please open a ticket to get the support from our team for a similar case to save your troubleshooting time.

Hannah

Paris

Mines working as should. Latest.

metro

I can not update lest it breaks apps that i am using from other vendors.

awg

I can not update lest it breaks apps that i am using from other vendors.

You have to choose to either wait, or deactivate the apps.

metro

What do you mean?????

You have to choose to either wait, or deactivate the apps.