Store Community Support Documentation

Trying to setup adsense and I'm a little confused... Following this guide (https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Setting+up+Google+Adsense) it says to setup a block and insert the html code. Ok, but then it says they setup "no controller (site wide) but that is not an option when I am doing it. I must choose a page. Do I really have to setup a block for every single page of the site? How can I insert the adsense code site wide?

JohnJr

For the controller/page, the default is None (Site Wide) so leave that blank but if there is something already in it then put your cursor and backspace over it and the None (Site Wide) text will appear again.

Last update on February 12, 3:35 am by JohnJr.

weird..I tried that the first time and it didn't work, apparently I wasn't paying attention because it worked this time. Thanks!

For the controller/page, the default is None (Site Wide) so leave that blank but if there is something already in it then put your cursor and backspace over it and the None (Site Wide) text will appear again.

Got the info back from adsense and it said it couldn't find the code on my site. Can you help me figure out if I set it up correctly? The only thing I can think of is if I se tthe wrong module? I set it to "core" because I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. Here is how I have it and the block is turned on.

Last update on February 14, 6:44 pm by Dennis Turskey.
JohnJr

Did you do this according to the link above?

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Enabling+or+Disabling+Full+Ajax+Mode

I didn't, but I just did now. I saw that, but thought it might cause instability or something not prevent it from working entirely or them finding the code so I figured I would try with it on first. Do you think that is the problem? Is core the correct module?

JohnJr

Plus you have the one line...should that line go in the chunk of code listed in the link above for v4.4 and above and put it in the spot where it says  -- myad -- in the code

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

<!-- myad -->

<ins class="adsbygoogle"

style="display:block"

data-ad-client="mypub"

data-ad-slot="myadslot"

data-ad-format="auto"></ins>

<script>

$Behavior.googleads = function(){

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

};

</script>

Last update on February 14, 6:19 pm by JohnJr.

so like this?

">

Last update on February 14, 6:43 pm by Dennis Turskey.

just realized I need to fill these sections out as well. what do I put here?

data-ad-client="mypub"

data-ad-slot="myadslot"

JohnJr

Sorry...have not messed with Adsense in several years.

JohnJr

mypub is your publisher number right?

I think I've figured it out. I put "pub-37xx0" in the "mypub" since that is how it is listed in my adsense profile. It doesn't need the CA in front of it does it? Also I read on another forum (Regarding your second question, data-ad-slot is the code for the ad unit you've created. If you go to Ads > Ad Units, you'll see all the ads you've created for your account. Each of those has a unique ID which is the value used for that field.) but when I go to my adsense account I cannot find any ad slot id's

Last update on February 14, 6:53 pm by Dennis Turskey.

ok thanks. you've already helped a lot. I will post on some adsense support areas

Last update on February 14, 6:43 pm by Dennis Turskey.
JohnJr

I would remove the image as it does have your Adsense number which someone could do maybe bad stuff and you would be responsible for it I would assume.

JohnJr

Your welcome.

Last update on February 14, 6:49 pm by JohnJr.