Liviu

Hi

Can someone tell me something about video app?

I am now on a shared server and i have Zencoder and Amazon S3 for videos.

In the near future I intend to move to a VPS where I can have the ffmpeg activated.

The question is: when I will switch to FFMPEG will the old videos still working? Are the old videos running in paralel with the ones on my server?

Thanks

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Sorry, I am clueless on this topic :)

CymonSez

The way i understand it (Zencoder/S3) once the video is uploaded to you site its off loaded to Zencoder for the proccessing and then deposited to your S3 bucket and linked from the bucket. Are you using S3 for content storage for phpFox?

Liviu

Yes, I tested zencoder with s3 just because I can't activate FFMPEG as i am still on a shared server.

But I think the  best thing is just to postpone video upload for later when I have my VPS and store it on my server.

And I did have S3 app activated for storage...but I deactivated it as I had issues with one profile picture not retrieving from S3.

For the moment the only service I have outside my server is the SMTP from SES Amazon.

CymonSez

Zencoder is in my opinion a better choice as FFMPEG is VERY resource hungry on a busy site it will bring a VPS to its knees(even a dedicated with lots of resources can be slowed down quite a bit)

Liviu

I'll see in the future how things turn on

For now I need to cover other things on the site

Thanks for your feedback