Store Community Support Documentation

Hi

I've been a user to phpfox ever since the early days with version 1 that modeled MySpace.

Something I have never understood is why there has never been any attempt to allow the linking of access to content to membership group.

Many other forms of software do this... is there some reason why phpfox has never incorporated this feature?

I would like to suggest that it would make the functionality of phpfox truly incredible if:

Access to content could be linked to the member group to which members belong..     i.e.  not just community, but registered, custom group, etc...

Thank you 

Terry

Topics: content access
TorontoGuy

Hmmm   guess there isn't very much interest in this concept...  

Will have to look at e107.org which does offer this feature.. to use on any websites I develop where I would like to have this functionality.   And it is a free open source software package.    ( No, I'm not trying to hawk e107.. .I'm just saying that I can't understand why phpfox doesn't offer this functionality and never has .... )

Terry

Last update on May 14, 2:45 pm by TorontoGuy.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

Couldn't you do a work around?  Like a group subscription for Marketing, Realtor or Investing.  Then when the buy the subscription they move up to that group for membership.  Either buy a group add-on to add a label for the membership name of the group or add some code to add that group name next to the person names on their profile page (I could help with that if that is the route you take). 

So when you get notified of the payment, send an invite to a private group that you already set up previously for the Marketing Group Page, Realtor Group Page or Investing Group Page.  Set this groups as private which is an invite only by the admin of the group.  You now have pretty much everything a regular site has, blog, picture, video, events and forum which no one can see unless they paid for the subscription.  If the person resubscribes then you have to change nothing.  If the person does not set the subscription up so that person changes to a new group membership (that you can use for all the categories) that does not allow to see groups which will stop them from going to any group pages.  This all came from the top of my head so I am hoping this work around works :)

TorontoGuy

I genuinely appreciate the time you've taken to respond to my request but please sit back,  take a moment and have a serious look at what you are saying...

I am not a programmer...  I can hack the occasional script to get it to do what I want, but I have to admit that had I paid the current prices for this software I would not be too happy...   including the fact that so many of the paid addons do not work..

Again thank you...

I am just going to let this go.

JohnJr

TorontoGuy,

Please don't take offense, I was an MIS Manager and helped purchase software for that company to run its business that cost $350,000 dollars and that was just an MRP System for manufacturing.  Facebook has like 45,000 employees and that software cost many billions to make and upgrade.  I agree with you about add-on and yes phpfox has issues but you can only do so much when you have a dozen or so people on staff.