TorontoGuy

I have requested a refund for the adanced photos addon because it doesn't work.   

I tried to work with Ivan on the Dating app which never worked properly and while he was certainly helpful I never did get the app working because I didn't want to give him access to my website.

I'm sorry but when someone creates an addon there should be no reason why they have to meander through your application in order to make it work properly.

i am really quite fed up with these products and will not be purchasing any more of any significance....  Maybe the odd simple box or something but definitely not a full, supposedly integrated application.

UPDATE:    I received a full refund.   Ivan has tried to be helpful and for that I give him full credit.      I am awaiting the status on Advanced Pages/Business to see if I will use it..   I have found the demo on their site doesn't seem to work right and he has advised that it is being edited and upgraded.    It is a very expensive app by the time I pay the exchange rate on it 40%, but looks like a very useful app for allowing members of my site to create a mini-site..   

Last update on July 7, 2020 by TorontoGuy.
Be the first person to like this.
Social Media

Guys I have been using Foxexpert modules for a long time.  Until now I have not experienced any problems.  He also responds immediately to biaprom@gmail.com

Also, the New Modules are very nice and useful compared to the old modules, I think it is useful to try again. He was on vacation for 10 or 15 days.  during this time he could not answer the mails.  But now he is back, he is working.  I just talked to him yesterday.

Last update on July 4, 2020 by Social Media.
JohnJr

Well, that is good!

Ivan Belan

Hello,

Best way to contact with Foxexpert - biaprom@gmail.com

We always ready to help to our clients, we are working in usual mode, and already helpt to all clients who write here, if someone did not get our reply, please contact with us by email and we will try to check your problems.

Ivan, Foxexpert.

They have some interesting spps that look good from far but are far from good. In other words, I doubt whether QA is done on their products.  Ivan is helpful sometimes, but I have had to use other developers help fix things that could have been sorted out easily.  One of my biggest pet peeves is their Advanced Pages. You have to purchase thier gateway to sell featured space. Why they do not incorporate the native gateway is obviously to force users to by either emoney gateway.

I've noticed this trend for a long time and it happens on all these network platforms. Developers will create a new app but to maximize the revenue they will also create 1-2 other apps you have to buy separately in order for it to work if it works. 

Last update on July 8, 2020 by Vanucci.
metro

Please review the bugs posted Please address ALL the bugs that are listed here: https://community.phpfox.com/forum/143/foxexpert-products/ has this been tested in v4.8

Ivan Belan

Sorry that you found some issues, will fix them on the next app upgrade (during 1-2week). I'll notify you and all clients about that release.

Fast support by email - biaprom@gmail.com

metro

Why wait until your dirty laundry is aired in public? You have just announced release of a feedback app, yet you do not respond to feed back regarding you broken apps. Dont you see anything weird with that?

Ivan Belan

Hello, if you have none answered questions, please send them to my email - biaprom@gmail.com we will do best to resolve problems

metro

Happy to say that Ivan has responded to me via email and made a suggestion that I have accepted and waiting on him to meet his side of the deal. Thanks Ivan - I look forward to buying more of your apps/mods when properly tested., 

Hello, if you have none answered questions, please send them to my email - biaprom@gmail.com we will do best to resolve problems

Last update on August 21, 2020 by metro.

I purchased a few from them, and am very thankful that I didn't purchase the bundle I was intending to. Every single one of them had issues. From themes just flat out not working to addons that, weren't thought out when creating them.

The whole "give me access to your system" argument is just ridiculous. PHPfox has an excellent distribution method, meaning the dev should never have to have access to your system specifically. Ever.  A properly developed mod or theme works within the environment it's given to.

Ro R

I had good experiences for the most part. I did have issues with the addons working correctly and did have to give access to their admin to get things fixed and/or customized, but they have been responsive so far. 

I have had good experiences with Ivan. I told him that I would not be allowed to give him access to my system as I deal with certain security issues that have recently come up per the USA. The app I purchased worked fine but I needed some customization. Becasue it was customization and not bugs and I appropriately explained to him the needed mods and USA security issues he was able to provide me the updated files without access. To be fair sometimes a developer may ask for access because the isssue has not been clearly defined, they may need to test certain cross-connected elements, or the issue may be multi-dimensional in nature, or they need to determine if it is actaully an issue with your server itself. phpFox's distribution method per Tom's comment is not really fiar as that is for completed aps, not fixes and modifications. I certainly understand others frustrations, especially those who have no coding skills or coding skills not advanced enough to troubleshoot and make modifications as needed. I have been in your shoes and find myself there still on occasion. My advice is treat your developers nice, make sure you THOROUGHLY define an issue, any error messages, etc. when asking for help, have patience, and be willing to pay a fair price when customizations are requested. Developers have to eat and pay their bills too and what may seem like only a couple of line changes may actually take hours of background work you are not aware of. Not trying to take anyone's side just adding my perspective and experience in hopes that it may help.

I purchased QUESTION app from FoxExpert and I had a good experiences. I did had some issue but when I ask their help, Ivan was very helpful.

that is for completed aps, not fixes and modifications.

When you release an application and say it's compatible with xxx, then ON RELEASE , it must be compatible with xxx . Not "give me access and I'll make it so". There's at least ONE of their themes that is not.

PhpFox's distribution system works like a charm. I've had it fail, precisely one time, among some 30 or so (maybe more??) purchases. That ONE time was with this developer, because they couldn't be bothered to update the theme properly in the environment they were supposed to.

My advice is treat your developers nice

Calling this individual a 'developer' is an insult to developers.. Like I said, I've got more than one theme/addon from them, and each and every one of them has failed, multiple times, on some of the most basic things. I've had to resort to rewriting one of them myself, because this individual has no clue what they're doing . Unfortunately, that takes time away from what I should be doing, which is focusing on community development..

I've had experience with a handful of PhpFox developers, and yes, an issue or two is always going to be expected, as well as proper resolution. That's no big thing. The problem with this individual is each and every addon or theme has massive, game breaking issues that require a ton of attention to fix.

This individual is certainly NOT to be trusted with any credentials, at all.

Calling this individual a 'developer' is an insult to developers..

My statemeant was a general statement. Any developer you work with you should treat nice. I too am a developer with other platforms and can tell you from personal experience when someone starts with an attack instead of being nice it #1 gives me insight as to the kind of person they are, thus determining the type of support I will provide. What I have learned through years of web development experience is don't chase clients, especially don't chase crappy/mean cleints, and don't work to help people more than they are willing to help themselves. Being mean/rude is not helping one's self. Again that is not pointing fingers, just a general observation from personal experience. Like I said I am not taking sides I just know from personal experience that in many cases where a problem exists it is typically on the users side either from their host, the environment or themselves in not understanding things, not following instructions or making changes that caused the conflicts. I am not saying this is the case for the theme issue I am saying it is my personal experience with clients in general. Every major platform has bugs, working nice with a developer is a great way to build rapport. Sharing bugs with a community and how you have fixed them if you have is a great way to help others.