Store Community Support Documentation

Would it be possible to create a  'Closed Group' where nonmembers are unable to see who the members are?

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to make the simple change if it is simple.

Alternatively can anyone tell me what they might charge to edit  the 'Closed Group' category on my site for me.?

Thank you..

Last update on May 17, 7:13 pm by TorontoGuy.

Hi, phpfox has closed group feature that only invitees can see and join the group.

TorontoGuy

I realize that.. but I want potential new members of a group to be able to find and see the group but not be able to see who the members are.

There is no group type option to create that.

I run a website that has adult groups and I have a group category for groups that want to identify as such...  BUT there are members who don't want to be publicly identified directly as belonging to those groups and I would like to have the option to let them belong but not to be seen as members by non-members.

I would either like to change the nature of the existing 'closed' group or add a new type of  perhaps called 'private' group with a description of "Prospective members can locate and see the group but can't see members or postings"

Last update on May 18, 11:35 am by TorontoGuy.
JohnJr

As you know every post, whether it is a picture, forum, or just post has your profile picture and name next to it.  To make it even harder...you want the person to find the group but not be able to see any of the actual posts.  Are you trying to hurt my brain on purpose?  First I am very confused about what they would actually see, but the only hack I could see is you have a private group that has all the names, images, and juicy details called "Men on a diet".  This group is private and invite-only membership and can not be found through a search.  Then create another group with the same admin called "Men on a diet (non-member view).  This would be public for search and the group admin can paste what he feels the public needs to see to understand what the group is about.  Then you could put a widget and say if you feel like joining this group go to the forum in this group and look for the thread "join us today".  Once the person goes to the forum and either get the information necessary or says in the forum they want to get an invite (which I think an admin of the group can delete a post in a group forum) or they can click on the group info and click on the founder link to send a private message.  Now that they have paid or whatever is needed to be done to join, the admin could send an invite to that person for the private group with all the juicy information including who belongs.  This is just off the top of my head...might have to be adjusted somewhat :)

Hi TorontoGuy,

It is a special requirement. In this case, you can contact the third-party developer and do this improvement if needed.

By the way, we will add your suggestion to our list, your suggestion will be taken into consideration seriously in our future upgrades.

Regards,

Hannah

TorontoGuy

Thank you for the response Hannah...

I will wait until there is an upgrade to the system.

Terry

JohnJr

TorontoGuy,

Sorry Hannah, I just don't want him to expect too much, too soon.

Here is the feature request list when you actually submit it to github for phpfox.  Just posting it here may not get listed.

https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-feature-requests/issues

As you can see there are 260 requests open.  According to their own postings...4.7.8 allowed one request.

https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-feature-requests/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A4.7.8

and 4.8 which is the next big version only accepted 35 out of the 260.

https://github.com/PHPfox-Official/phpfox-v4-feature-requests/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A4.8.0

Sorry...just don't want you think this will happen fast since all the request in the coming 4.8 version is all 2016-2018 requests.

Last update on May 20, 3:57 am by JohnJr.
TorontoGuy

Ok.. thanks for the heads up..

Just would be a really good feature..