metro

Can some good css soul tell me where I can change the blue menu bar to https://color-hex.org/color/4c3419

Thank you!

Topics: css
Be the first person to like this.
Hannah

Hi metro, could you please screenshot the menu that you want to change?

metro

See attached. It is the menu item at the top of the page, the blue one on default materials template.Whats the css to change that, and also the default color to white in the menu items.

Attachments
menu.png 2.66 Kb . 10 Views
metro

In other words the blue menu background needs to change to the hex listed above, and the menu items Photos Forums Groups e.t.c change to white.

See attached. It is the menu item at the top of the page, the blue one on default materials template.Whats the css to change that, and also the default color to white in the menu items.

Hannah

Hi metro,

The material template already supported to change the main color of your site, we supported 4 skins (blue-default,  Deep Red, Deep Purple, Celtics). so you can select the property skin match with your requirement. https://prnt.sc/uqavo6

To change the color of the main menu, please go to AdminCP > Appreanrace >  Themes > Edit your active theme - Material theme > Design > and change the [NAVIGATION BACKGROUND]

https://prnt.sc/uqaxan

Regards,

metro

Hannah = thanks for responding, but it did not work.

Here is what I did.

I changed the Navigation Background to #4c3419. I hit publish and the icon for the Navigatin Background changed.

I then cleared cache in admincp and browser. Tried it, no luck.

I then deleted the cache directory on the server, still no luck.

I tried it from a different computer that has never visited the site before, still no luck.

Can you try it on your dev server changing background to #4c3419 and post your findings here?

Attachments
foxmenu3.PNG 5.4 Kb . 12 Views
JohnJr

The navigation background did work before...not sure now.  But, I see the change stuck in your image.  Did you rebuild the core theme?  I hope you clone the theme and then set it as default first.

Hannah

Hi Metro,

Could you please open a support ticket with your site information so we can check this issue?

Thank you.

metro

Hannah - you know I don't play that right?

You can test it in your own dev environment and see that it does not work. Why should I open a support ticket when you can validate it in your own environment?  Off course this has nothing to do with younet wanting me to pay for support on a bug... right?

metro

Thanks JohnJr for your response. Yes, I did rebuild the core template, with no luck. When you have some down time, can you test this and validate?

Thanks.

Last update on October 7, 2020 by metro.
Hannah

Hi metro,

Actually, we could not reproduce this issue on our demo site. This is the reason I suggested you opening a ticket so that we can get more information from you (such as what is your phpFox version,  your configurations....).

Regards,

Hannah

Last update on October 8, 2020 by Hannah.
Hannah

Hi metro,

If you are using phpFox version 4.8.0 or later, and using an external storage system (for example AWS S3, FTP...), after clearing the cache and rebuilding core theme, please go to AdminCP > Settings > Assets Handling > Transfer files >  and click on [Transfer file immediately] to transfer the changes in asset files from Local to your External Storage System.

Regards,

metro

Hannah. I am giving you the benefit of a doubt.

Can you show us proof by changing the menu to on the demo deve to  #4c3419 Color Hex and send me the URL.  I do NOT give out admin rights to anybody, including phpFox. Several years ago, I did, and phpFox screwed up my site so bad that my members lost so much business, I was almost murdered. So NEVER!  I am running the latest phpfox version as of 2 weeks ago, running on interserver.net as the host.

If you can not change it on your demo site for us to see, use any other environment and post the url here. Call me a doubting thomas, but I just don't believe that it works. And no, I am not testing on a 3rd party storage host.

Hi metro,

Actually, we could not reproduce this issue on our demo site. This is the reason I suggested you opening a ticket so that we can get more information from you (such as what is your phpFox version,  your configurations....).

Regards,

Hannah

metro

Hi Hannah. I am using the latest version of phpFox and no, I am not using an external storage system. Still no dice.

metro

Thanks Hannah. So, the issue appears not to have been phpFox. On a vanilla install of phpFox, it works fine. But, when a certain landing page for the material template is used from the phpfox store, it seems to be the cause. 

Thank you so much for spending time on this.