As an admin why do I have to friend someone before I can add them to a secret group.  Seems an admin should be able to invite anyone on the site to a group.

Be the first person to like this.
Hannah

Hi William,

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently, phpFox supports 2 types of invitation: 

-Option 1:  Invite your friends to join to group

-Option 2:  Invite by email

Kindly please use option 2 if the user is not on your friend list. I saw that Facebook has the same rule as phpFox's rule. Btw, we can add this feature via custom work which incurs additional cost. Please submit a ticket if you want this feature.

Regards,

JohnJr

If I remember correctly, invite by email is not very streamlined if the person is not a member already.  It should bring you to the signup page as it does but it should automatically register you for the group automatically as well instead of going back and forth.  Try it out and see if it is still confusing.  I removed the entire email section for groups with code just because I got tired of the issue.

JohnJr

I should say that even with that issue that hopefully some day will be improved upon that the rest of groups and pages work very well. 

William, I would hope that if that was an option you need that we could turn it off because that would give a group admin too much power to spam people who does not know.  Say he has a group called "I like big butts" and sends invite to all the women on your site...you might lose a few members over those invites :)