JohnJr

Ok, fine you added some color boxes and moved some stuff around, but did you really improve its ability to help us?  First thing I noticed is my cover image is white washed to where I couldn't even remember what picture it was.  Then I clicked on friends and the number of friend count has been removed and that was within the first minute of looking at it...how many years have you been in the social business?  This is silly stuff and I am giving you some crap because I know you do better than this and you can make it to actual help us find stuff.

Now I go back and I couldn't find the thread category list so I just assumed they removed it.  But when I went to post this I see that the categories are still there.  So if someone could give me a clue that would be nice.  The reason we still need categories is because the forum still uses the search function from the 90's as it only searches the title only which is pretty lame.  Plus you can't use quotes to get exact search or a negative sign to reduce the search parameters.  If you don't believe me then search for the words

step away

and you will get "no threads found" which is funny as that is part of the thread which explain the issue in the first place.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/58197/younetco-when-are-you-going-to-release-your-already-updated-getting-started/?view=354096

I am back and I will still keep pushing to make your product better than anyones elses whether you want to or not :)

Last update on October 1, 2020 by JohnJr.
Hannah

Hi JohnJr,

We appreciate your feedback. In this release, we focused on UI & UX improvements to provide our community a new look and feel and make it more convenient for users. You can find more information at https://www.phpfox.com/blog/2020/new-phpfox-community-official-release/.

Regarding the number of friends: we removed it in this version because we would like to focus on the community (forum) features only.

Regarding the category: Currently, you can search for a specific category by using the advanced search feature, please click the three dots on the global search section and select a specific category: https://prnt.sc/urqf3k. Besides, we have a plan to improve the main menu by adding the second level of categories to the sub-menu. Therefore, it is much more convenient for our users to go to a sub-category.

Regarding what we can search on the community, we would like to confirm that we support for thread's title only, we do not have a detailed plan to support for search results on the content of the threads.

Regarding "can't use quotes to get exact search": Thank you for this suggestion, we will consider it carefully in our future upgrade.

Besides, we have a plan to add more features, activities in the community to create a dynamic community for all our valued customers. Hope that we can get more feedback from all of you not only for our community but also for phpFox.

Regards

Last update on October 2, 2020 by Hannah.
Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

I am sorry...so your saying you painted the car with spray painted and you want us to get excited.  Promise me your going to fix the search to actually search more than just the title.  If you don't know how to do it then ask YouNet because they finally just updated one of their apps to seach content.  This forum is very important...so much so that I indexed the entire forum so I have the ability to search it, but some may not have that ability.

JohnJr

So in regards to the categories.  I cannot go to a specific category...say Third Party Bugs and click on YouNet to see what bugs there are and whether they are fixed or not, which may determine whether I purchased the product but because I don't know the exact word to use I couldn't find it but even if I did know the exact word to use but it was not in the title it would still show no results?  I made the sentence long on purpose to show my frustration.  Sorry, I was in the Marine Corps and believe in tough love.  I will make you better even if you don't like me.

JohnJr

Also, I just clicked on the community but and the data is inaccurate so you might want to check that out.

The two I circled says it was just updated 4 hours ago and Donna's thread was updated in 2016 and phpfoxexpert was updated in August.

Hannah

Thank you for your feedback. we will check and then reply to you.

metro

10 years ago, phpFox had so much potential that it was the pride of many of us. Unfortunately, the underlying functionality got stuck there. It is fair to say that the direction post Nation / Benc Enterprises has turned into a spiral drop. 

Back then, the product developed under a community guided principal. The likes of @data66 and @purefan listened tistened to the community, and were true advocates for the community. Stability and functionality were given priority over UI/UX which were left to 3rd party developers to sort. 

Let us talk about my pet peeve that JobnJn has spoken about. What is a forum for if search functionality is stuck in 2003 when MySpace was founded? phpFox has not fixed search since V1 of phpFox, that is FACT, I met with god, he told me that they will never fix it, so just deal with it... I simply rename forum to FAQ and when anybody asks why my site doesn't have a forum?  I just say "Forums Did Not Survive Y2K"

I guess my point is, a pig in hot pink lipstick is still a pig. 'nuff said, 

Ok, fine you added some color boxes and moved some stuff around, but did you really improve its ability to help us?  First thing I noticed is my cover image is white washed to where I couldn't even remember what picture it was.  Then I clicked on friends and the number of friend count has been removed and that was within the first minute of looking at it...how many years have you been in the social business?  This is silly stuff and I am giving you some crap because I know you do better than this and you can make it to actual help us find stuff.

Now I go back and I couldn't find the thread category list so I just assumed they removed it.  But when I went to post this I see that the categories are still there.  So if someone could give me a clue that would be nice.  The reason we still need categories is because the forum still uses the search function from the 90's as it only searches the title only which is pretty lame.  Plus you can't use quotes to get exact search or a negative sign to reduce the search parameters.  If you don't believe me then search for the words

step away

and you will get "no threads found" which is funny as that is part of the thread which explain the issue in the first place.

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/58197/younetco-when-are-you-going-to-release-your-already-updated-getting-started/?view=354096

I am back and I will still keep pushing to make your product better than anyones elses whether you want to or not :)

Hannah

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate all of your feedback.

Regarding Search all forum's content: Thank you for all your explanations, we will reconsider this feature again in our future upgrade.

Regarding phpFox search feature: We have a plan to improve the phpFox search engine on phpFox V5. We will inform you when we have a more detailed plan.

Regarding the order of threads on the home page ( Related to Donna's thread was updated in 2016 and phpfoxexpert was updated in August): This issue occurs when s.o comment on these threads and then they deleted these comments. We will fix it in our next version.

Regards,

10 years ago, phpFox had so much potential that it was the pride of many of us. Unfortunately, the underlying functionality got stuck there. It is fair to say that the direction post Nation / Benc Enterprises has turned into a spiral drop. 

Back then, the product developed under a community guided principal. The likes of @data66 and @purefan listened tistened to the community, and were true advocates for the community. Stability and functionality were given priority over UI/UX which were left to 3rd party developers to sort. 

Let us talk about my pet peeve that JobnJn has spoken about. What is a forum for if search functionality is stuck in 2003 when MySpace was founded? phpFox has not fixed search since V1 of phpFox, that is FACT, I met with god, he told me that they will never fix it, so just deal with it... I simply rename forum to FAQ and when anybody asks why my site doesn't have a forum?  I just say "Forums Did Not Survive Y2K"

I guess my point is, a pig in hot pink lipstick is still a pig. 'nuff said, 

To be honest version 1.x is way better compared to what we have today albeit a bit dated. It was practical,  well organized and pretty much had all the function you needed. Today's PHPfox has been one disappointment after another. For example, chat plus, live stream, ultimate license etc...

The proper thing to do should have been to Grandfather all the Lifetime Prolicences and the long awated moble, chat plus and livestream was a huge slap in the face. It should have been part of the standard lifetime package to retain all the of the original lifetime customers / supporters, but instead many were driven away. Nothing to get excited about with the phpfox team, the software nor development.

I used to be active with the forum and bug hunting. Don't really care so much about it anymore and many of the hardcore phpfox community supporters are gone just as predicted...

Last update on October 11, 2020 by prepperz.

The new forum looks like one big mess, I just look at it, get a headace and just leave.

Last update on October 14, 2020 by prepperz.
Antony Kurien

@johnJr thank you for your patience to help us improve our community for better user experience. 

We are aware of the key issues we have with our Forum which are mainly categorized below:

• Forum search
  • Browse Sub Categories
  • Deleted recent comment on a Thread but still appears on top

I would like to address the key issues - SEARCH

Currently, we are developing the next version of phpFox - V5 and we will add more advanced search feature in this version. Therefore, we will keep the search as it is for now and update the Forum with V5 when it releases. Unfortunately we unable to commit to a timeline on this, however, we look forward to releasing the V5 Beta sometime next year. 

With the other two issues - our team is currently working on it and will get it fixed before 1st November 2020. 

Stay safe. 

JohnJr

Ok, not sure why you think it would be difficult at all since you can add another drop down box and allow us to either search the title or the content although it would be better to search for both at the same time but lets keep it simple for your current code.

Right now you are doing the search on the phpfo_forum_post table under the filed "title".

So you add the same code below with a if statement or something to search the table phpfox_forum_text table on the field called "text" if the person uses the drop down box and select search content.  So that is copy and paste and change a few words.

You know the search php code is only several line so I am not sure why you have to wait but that is your choice as I mentioned above for me I added advance search abilities to your site by indexing the entire thing so I can you use all words or any words for searching your forum and that only took me like 20 minutes to set up.

Also, I would like to ask why did you remove the "X" next to each notification in the instant notification drop down box (the little bell in the upper right corner).  Back on the other forum (a few weeks ago) I could see the notice (like now) and open it (the drop down box) and then click on the notification I wanted to see.  After I did that I would go back and click on the little "X" to get rid of it.  Now I might not have time to check all of them at that moment so it was nice that I could go back later and know which ones I didn't look at yet and then click on the "X" to get rid of them after I looked at them of course.  Now they just sit there whether I looked at them or not so I don't know which ones I looked at and which ones I didn't.  It is really useless now.  The "X' should remove them from the drop down box and if I want to see a previous notification then I would click on the view all notifications at the bottom which should list them all whether I look at them or not.

Last update on October 14, 2020 by JohnJr.

If they keep going on the current trajectory, the next version will be even more useless, but hang on there's more! In order to get the privilage of running the community into the ground, You'll have to signup for the Super Ultimate Ultimate Ultimate license package so you can take whatever is left of a working community and kill it  for good with the super duper improvements.

Last update on October 15, 2020 by prepperz.
JohnJr

Also, I know it isn't that big of a deal but scrolling and click threads to open I have hit that category link four times today.  Why do you have those two links (thread link and category link) so close.  Couldn't you put the non linking information first like the posted by right under the main thread link?

Last update on October 21, 2020 by JohnJr.
vktechnology

HiI get lost with this new forum

I cannot find where is  Forum List ?

I just need read some forum not all

websistema2013

Yes, on the forum I also got lost. The forum has become colorful, but not informative. Usability is missing. I agree with everyone - the forum needs to be finalized. It would be nice to have a text translator built into the forum for non-English speaking forum users.