Hello,

How dio I control what email notifications go out to our users.  Rightnow we are getting swamped by emails for any changes that are made on our site.  How do I stop the madness of all these emails.

Be the first person to like this.

Hi William,

Have you tried this?

Admin CP->Apps->Installed->...select the apps you want to setup, then, go to User Group Setting if it is available.

In my case, I use advanced events from Younetco and my problem is solved with above solution because I can prevent users to use mass email function.

JohnJr

" emails for any changes that are made on our site "

Can you be more specific on what type of emails?

Our site sends out email for just about everything that is done.  Comments, items being posted to groups, profile changes of frinds...  Just way to many email notifications.

JohnJr

Oh...sorry.  The user can shut off some email in their privacy settings on their profile but admin does not have control.  WebWolf use to have a plugin that worked awesome as I used it until one of the phpfox upgrade disabled it.  Here is the thread for it...

https://community.phpfox.com/forum/thread/53982/

Yes, after all these years we can't control the emails which make our site look spammy to the users but we have...I won't say :)

Wow my site has now beenl flagged by google and yahoo for sending too many emails.  I only have 31 users.  By default PHPFox sends out emails for just about everything.  I cannot make my users go in and turn these things off.  I need a solution to greatly limit emails by default.  Right now my site is unusable because no one can sign up as they do not get the initial email anymore.  I have gone into my installed apps and none of them give me the ability to turn these off.  At this point I have invested thousands of dollars into our site and it is dead in the water.  I need a solution to this fast.

JohnJr

Sorry...webwolf was awesome and made plugins to help the admin run their site better.  I am sad webwolf left. :(