metro

Yesterday, about 24 hours ago, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the ultimate package with the mobile apps, video chat, e.t.c...I budgeted and almost splashed $5,000 - to include some customization work that would have been a game changer for a site that I have in mind!  

"They say that if God is on your side, who can be against you?" For the last 24 hours or so, phpFox.Com client area has been down. I am sure they are aware about it and are fixing it... 

I am totally opposed to SaaS for these very reasons. If I went ahead and spent the money, and If their client area is messed up and they are still unable to fix it after 24 hours, what guarantees does anybody have that their hosted systems will not misteriously get fried and my business dying with them?

This is an honest concern that we should be asking. A few years ago, when phpFox.Com went down, every phpFox website went down with it. Thank god this does not appear to be the case now, but we need to ask "What is phpFox disaster recovery plans look like"?

For now, I am pre-screwed with my project, but my 2 grand is securely seating in paypal and plans for the phpFox hosted solutions HOSED! 

You meant to say ULTIMATE package is a SaaS and not installed on my own site? I was mulling over to buy this but will pass if it is SaaS.

Be the first person to like this.

Where does it say it is SaaS because I just upgraded and I am still hosting my site.

websistema2013

Yesterday, about 24 hours ago, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the ultimate package with the mobile apps, video chat, e.t.c...I budgeted and almost splashed $5,000 - to include some customization work that would have been a game changer for a site that I have in mind!  

"They say that if God is on your side, who can be against you?" For the last 24 hours or so, phpFox.Com client area has been down. I am sure they are aware about it and are fixing it... 

I am totally opposed to SaaS for these very reasons. If I went ahead and spent the money, and If their client area is messed up and they are still unable to fix it after 24 hours, what guarantees does anybody have that their hosted systems will not misteriously get fried and my business dying with them?

This is an honest concern that we should be asking. A few years ago, when phpFox.Com went down, every phpFox website went down with it. Thank god this does not appear to be the case now, but we need to ask "What is phpFox disaster recovery plans look like"?

For now, I am pre-screwed with my project, but my 2 grand is securely seating in paypal and plans for the phpFox hosted solutions HOSED! 

I have no money to upgrade my license from pro + to ultimatum. I asked PhpFox to give me a discount (the discount is exactly the one that I can pay), since I do not receive a salary with which I can pay the cost of upgrading to the ultimatum license. PhpFox refused me. Now I understand that strange things are happening to PhpFox - I cannot enter my office. And even if I had the money to upgrade my license to an ultimatum, I would be at risk, because I don't know what will happen to PhpFox in the future. Now I am looking for an alternative to PhpFox with support for the mobile app at an affordable price. Currently, phpFox's attitude towards its old clients and its policies are very inadequate.

ps: Like you, I also spent a lot of money to buy apps - this money would be enough to buy several ultimatum licenses ...