JohnJr

" phpFox is upgraded to support account registration with phone number. Therefore, verification and updates can be sent to users via both SMS and emails.  "

I thought we had this since before 4.6

Be the first person to like this.
JohnJr

" Added support for enabling/disabling all SMS and email notifications under Privacy Setting. "

Is this adjustable that the admin can set it up for all but users can adjust?  If so that would be awesome and something we have needed for a long time.

Scheinwelt-Media

i dont think so... not tested yet but it seems like the user can just disable all mails with one option

Hannah

Hi all,

Yes, we would like to confirm that " Registration using Phone Number" is the new feature of phpFox 4.8.2. To use this feature, the admin needs to:

-1. Turn on this feature on adminCP > Settings > Register Settings> Enable [Enable Registration using Phone Number]

-2. Configure SMS service. Please kindly configure an SMS service (SMS service, API key, token), Currently, we supported these providers:

https://prnt.sc/veks3j

------

And the sign up on the frontend will like this: https://prnt.sc/vekutw

Please feel free to share with us if you have any feedbacks or concerns.

Regards,

Hannah

Last update on November 6, 2020 by Hannah.
Social Media

Hello.  Code comes with sms.  says the incoming code is invalid ??

JohnJr

So I am pretty sure I remember using something like this where someone registers and then on the next page they enter their phone number for verification which was sent through Twilio.  So is this still available?  Does this get rid of the name and just use the phone number?

So I looked at the image by Hannan so I guess the name is there...so is this just a move where the telephone number is entered?

Ok, I just noticed in the image that it says email or telephone number. So if they use the telephone option then where do all the notifications go...to their phone?

Last update on November 7, 2020 by JohnJr.
Hannah

Hi,

1. So I am pretty sure I remember using something like this where someone registers and then on the next page they enter their phone number for verification which was sent through Twilio.  So is this still available?  Does this get rid of the name and just use the phone number?

'==> I believe that you mentioned "Register using SMS service", we would like to confirm that this feature is still available, and you no need to re-enter the telephone again if you already enter the phone during step 1 of sign up process

So if they use the telephone option then where do all the notifications go...to their phone?

'==> Phone number will be used for signing up process and it does not affect the current notification flow.

Regards,

Hannah

JohnJr

You say...

'==> Phone number will be used for signing up process and it does not affect the current notification flow.

but on the registration page image your provided it says email (or) phone number, not both so if they add a phone number only, does the phpfox fairy email godmother somehow know where to deliver the notifications. It seemed funnier in my head when I said it.

JohnJr

Ok, I still need an answer to thread number...oh that is right, you also removed the post number so we can't refer back to it without quoting the entire comment.  Well the post right before this one. 

"Also, never got an answer for this which was post number 2

" Added support for enabling/disabling all SMS and email notifications under Privacy Setting. "

Is this adjustable that the admin can set it up for all but users can adjust?  If so that would be awesome and something we have needed for a long time."

Last update on November 17, 2020 by JohnJr.
Karl Kunc

@johnjr it looks like it is a user end option only. I just went through all the admin functions and there is no setting to change the way a user gets notified. There should A 3 choice option in registration that would ask the user if they want push email or SMS. That's my thought. I know it sucks having all the emails blasting the users when they first log on but if they were all turned off there would be no notifications bringing them back to the site. 

Hannah

Hi JohnJr,

Please refer to our below replies:

1. Post number:

Thank you for your feedback, we will add it in our next release of phpFox Community.

2. Added support for enabling/disabling all SMS and email notifications under Privacy Setting. "

We would like to inform you that we already transferred this improvement to our development team. We will update you on our decision as soon as possible.

Regards,

Hannah

Regards,

Hannah