Bill Kochman

The current captcha system is difficult to use for older people -- such as myself -- and people with poor vision. The font size is so tiny -- can the size be changed? -- that I have to almost put my nose to the screen just to be able to read it, not to mention that it is a bit blurry.

A number of years ago, I made my own 100-piece set of captcha images, along with the text strings that the user had to input for each one in order to be verified on my website. It would be great if I could use my images as my captcha images, instead of the current ones which are used by phpFox.

So, if in some future version of phpFox, you can make it possible for us to upload our own images, and then provide us with a text field where we can enter the text that needs to be typed by the user in order for it to be a match, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Be the first person to like this.
Hannah

Hi Bill Kochman,

Could you please try to review the feature "Anti-Spam Security Questions" and let us know if it meets your requirement? Please go to AdminCP > Settings > Anti-Spam Security Questions and add your questions.

And we can configure to display all questions/or only one question when creating their account at AdminCP> Settings > Registration Settings > Spam Check Requires All Questions.

Regards,

Bill Kochman

Hannah, thank you, but I am already familiar with the Anti-Spam Security Questions. In fact, I already set it up yesterday with about three dozen questions. I think I am going to use that instead of the captcha images, because those captcha images are sometimes very difficult to read. That is why I would really like to use my own captcha images and text strings. Mine are much larger and easier to read. Plus they are animated, which makes it more difficult for spambots and registration bots to read.

Last update on November 10, 2020 by Bill Kochman.
spirog

hi Bill,

Hanna is trying to tell you you can add your own photos and questions and answers in  AdminCP > Settings > Anti-Spam Security Questions 

so for instance, you can have google recaptcha and Anti-Spam Security Questions 

or just one.. so if you wanted you could have a photo with a question you created,, so the photo says what color is this and you have a color of red in the photo

so you weould ask the question and give the answer, would be the same as captcha images

so you can add different numbers and letters and colors etc in a photo and they will have to answer the question you ask for each photo you create

Bill Kochman

Ha! That never even occurred to me yesterday when I set that up. I just assigned the same image to all three dozen of my anti-spam questions. However, having now read your message, I just added my 100 animated captcha images, which I created ten years ago. I am glad they came to good use again. So, I've got about 136 captcha pairs now. :)

JohnJr

Spirog, I was thinking to myself what am I missing as I thought the same thing but didn't say anything because I assumed I was misunderstanding the issue.  I use that option on one of my sites and it works great and now I know I am only a little crazy :)

Bill Kochman

Well, here is a new one. Over the past twelve hours or so, I have had three people tell me that even though they are absolutely certain that they filled out all of the fields properly on the "Sign Up" page, they kept being told that their answers were wrong. I finally had to create accounts for two of them, because they just couldn't get in the door. Then, during the past hour, I FaceTimed with a longtime Christian friend, and I watched as he attempted to sign up, and ran into the same problem. As it turns out -- and in my view, this should NOT be -- the answers are case-sensitive. In other words, regardless of what uppercase and lowercase letters are used in a captcha, if what the user types does not match the exact way you provided the answer in the AdminCP, they will get the "Wrong Answer" feedback. To make matters worse, because I assumed -- erroneously so, obviously -- that the answers were not case sensitive, I included that bit of info on the "Sign Up" page. So now I need to change that screen before more people try to join, and get discouraged and give up, because they can't get in the door, no matter what they try. So, my advice is that the phpFox developers make captcha responses case-insensitive.

Last update on November 12, 2020 by Bill Kochman.
Hannah

Hi Bill Kochman,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will add your suggestion to our list and it will be considered in our future upgrade. We may add a setting on AdminCP to turn on/turn off case-insensitive for [Anti-Spam Security Questions].

Regards,

Hannah